• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We got pretty much dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage as that game moved along, and they had the great Dalvin Cook.  I highly doubt any other coaching would have been able to help us in that game.

Disagree, we played fairly well on offense. Our lack of DE's was exposed with Cook running off- tackle all game, and Woodie never made any adjustments to try and stop him. If coach Allen didn't leave for Indiana in the summer before the season, we could have won that game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We got pretty much dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage as that game moved along, and they had the great Dalvin Cook.  I highly doubt any other coaching would have been able to help us in that game.

Our db's played 20 yards off the line of scrimmage...this was a problem the entire year...scheming sucked on that side of the ball

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, emrober5 said:

He's our next HC.

Leavitt as DC.

Say what you want, it would be much better than our current situation.

This nonsense need to stop. Now.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Here is what FSU AD David Coburn had to say about what other value it brought:

Asked how a cash-strapped athletic department could make the decision to pay out such a large number to move on from its head coach, Coburn discussed lagging season-ticket sales and booster contributions as being large factors. "It was not an easy decision," Coburn said. "You have to look at season-ticket sales, renewals, new tickets moving forward. Obviously those are tied to booster contributions to the annual fund. You're looking at the implications for concessions, parking, you look at that vis-a-vis the cost of a buyout, cost of a new coaching staff, you have to make a decision."

Well no **** these are all factors, but yet the vast majority of the time ADs don't fire midseason.  Of course these are factors for firing.  He waited 9 games into this year and a loss to Miami, when people have been screaming for his head since early in year 1.  If the boosters aren't calling and ponying up the cash, Willy T is still on the sideline coaching through Turkey Day weekend.

And since this discussion started about CCS, he's 4-2 since you cried for his head after week 2 and Kelly said nope, uh-uh not so fast my friend.

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Oh chapelbull, did you not learn your lesson from last year that wins and losses don't tell the whole story? Those 4 wins have come against teams with a Sagarin Rating of 198, 171, 54, and 128. In his tenure at USF, CCS is 2-6 against Top 50 rated teams.

I doubt Kelly is thinking that CCS may have saved his job by beating some of the worst that our schedule has to offer. Over our last four games we will face teams with a Sagarin Rating of 82, 26, 30 and 19. If CCS can manage two wins in there then I think Kelly has his excuse to keep Strong and not have to spend the money he so obviously doesn't want to spend.

You need to be relegated to FCS fan status after quoting me a 4-2 record over our last 6 games lol

I know that your claim for firing him after two games was he was a cancer and the team was going to collapse and there was going to be a revolving door of transfers so we HAD to fire him right then.   You've changed your narrative since that hasn't happened.

I didn't claim he saved his job nor do I care.  I've said it's bowling or he's gone from the get go.   No need for me to change my narrative.

I forgot to mention that 2 of those wins were over teams that you said were better than us back in the day ....... 

Edited by chapelbull

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

He needed to go and he still needs to go. But because USF is small potatoes and their donors don't have deep pockets, Kelly is forced to stay in a marriage that's doomed!

My opinion hasn't changed since the 0-2 start. Now if he beats some quality competition down the stretch I'll reconsider.

Kelly's opinion is what matters and it's in line with the vast majority.   I'm sure you will "reconsider".  It's what people like you do .... call yourself a fan, shat on our programs, and then "reconsider" or fall into the shadows when the team over achieves your doom and gloom forecasts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Dan C. said:

This nonsense need to stop. Now.

Exactly. Why would the guy that’s had success continue to work for the guy that’s never had success? Pretty absurd idea.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

I think Strong need's to go. The only way he really saves his job if we win 2 of the next 4 with one being UCF. Three straight loses under him is not acceptable. Strong has not did anything to improve the program's talent he inherited. He can not even match the talent CWT developed and I am not even big on CWT. My issue is we are getting worse for three straight seasons under Strong. We were 10-2, 7-6 and now we are looking like a possible 5-7 to 7-5 at best. I just currently cannot see this team winning 4 straight under any circumstance. We are not improving  or and neither is the talent that should be developing. I just don't see anything that shows Strong is the man to turn USF around and build a good program.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Kelly's opinion is what matters and it's in line with the vast majority.   

The vast majority knows CCS is now a bad hire and needs to go, he may leave this year or he may leave next year but rest assured he is going, brybull is spot on.  This marriage is on life support just waiting for a miracle or more likely for Kelly to pull the plug.

Guest Jonesy Bull

There is still 4 games to go and you never know how its going to turn out.  

Im not really a CCS fan like the majority of folks.  But we do seem to be improving and its possible that we could finish the season strong.  No pun intended.

How we finish the season is really make or brake for this staff.