• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

4 minutes ago, Gismo said:

20 MILLION DOLLARS!!! 

im rich chappelles show GIF

Live look at fcwt leaving the athletic building today 

Edited by Skingraft
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

The misconception that he is a “great” coach. He had three good years coaching before FSU. Should have never been hired there...a misconception sure as hell took place somewhere....

I think anyone that was hyped about the hire was blind to the fact he never won anything big... but I still understood the hire.  He was an up and comer who turned around two programs, left USF with the (at the time) the longest streak of 30 plus points per game, created the Gulf Coast offense, connected well with kids, recruited well, etc etc. 

FSU just comes across as dumb to me for giving up on their coach so early.  It's like the AD knew the hire was a reach and was paranoid about owning Tags losses, making his decision look worse.  Cutting ties is one solution but i think it's too rash.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Usually takes CWT a few years but FSU looked very sloppy and lost against Miami yesterday. FSU’s qb couldn’t make the passes and you could tell that Taggart was a dead man walking at FSU. Karma caught up with him after he bolted both USF and Oregon for his dream job. FSU is a big mess and if I’m a couch I would think twice about trying to clean that mess up. I know it was a rivalry game but it seemed every play FSU players were starting too much BS with Miami while they were getting embarrassed. It was painful to see. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Does CJL move to DC now that their DC is moving to coach?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I thought firing a coach mid season didn't provide any value? I always laughed at people who made that argument with CCS. I'm sure they'll cry some new tune like Poverty or some other straw man argument to distance themselves from their ludicrous statements.

It provides value when you have a fan base that can raise $20 million to buy the guy out.  What donors or groups does USF have to do the same?   

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

Last week in the other thread about Willie being available I posted a cryptic note about BS in regards to FSU.  They have been in talks with Bob Stoops for a couple of weeks now.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The misconception that he is a “great” coach. He had three good years coaching before FSU. Should have never been hired there...a misconception sure as hell took place somewhere....

Name your wager and timeline for xCWT’s eventual rehiring as a head coach in FBS.

2 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Last week in the other thread about Willie being available I posted a cryptic note about BS in regards to FSU.  They have been in talks with Bob Stoops for a couple of weeks now.   

Which shows you the major difference between FSU & USF. When they fire someone they already have a plan. They can afford the buyouts. USF fans just want to fire their coach without even knowing who they want as the next coach. 

Just now, brybull1970 said:

FBS sure. P5 don't count on it.

Wait is he wanting to bet if he gets hired as and assistant coach or HC first? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

There is no way, he is coaching the Dallas XFL team and their season starts in February, how could he walk away from this cherished gig?