• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Penalties

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

I know CCS is a strict disciplinarian off the field, but the team has major issues on getting penalties. This week we racked up over 100 yards on penalties. Does anyone have any real insight to the penalties? Is it a practice issue, a personnel issue, a coaching issue,  or are just undisciplined?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Miami, Fau, Ucf,Fsu and Usf all rank high in penalties a game like over 7 a game....seems almost a Florida thing.

Usf has always been bad at penalties since we started. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

eric cartman kick GIF by South Park

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

How many of these are special teams? I feel like that’s where the bulk of our penalties come from. I’m always reluctant to get on the “fire coach” bandwagon but I’ve wanted Burke gone for awhile. He’s been really bad while here. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

We are 127/130 in total penalties,  127/130 in penalty yards per game, 128/130 in total penalty yards per the NCAA stats

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I know CCS is a strict disciplinarian off the field, but the team has major issues on getting penalties. This week we racked up over 100 yards on penalties. Does anyone have any real insight to the penalties? Is it a practice issue, a personnel issue, a coaching issue,  or are just undisciplined?

This is a great question and needs to be addressed . It SHOULD be addressed by the individual coach, I.e., O  line coach,  D line Coach, but it won’t. We will get some quasi  boozy sounding speech. Special teams- discipline , False starts , discipline, . Therefore discipline.

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastBull said:

We are 127/130 in total penalties,  127/130 in penalty yards per game, 128/130 in total penalty yards per the NCAA stats

Dammmmmmn

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

I wonder , I really wonder, if there is no real punishment for these things,; those football things.

Edited by jchem1995

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Part of It is practice and preparation which falls on the coaches.  However it runs deeper, Florida has the best athletes however they don’t get developed in high school due to the lack of funds for the sports departments and this puts them at a competitive disadvantage in college.  The high schools don’t have the facilities(I sound like CCS) and they don’t pay the coaches.  In comparison there are 3 high school stadiums near me that all cost between 70 and 80 million dollars and the head coaches make 6 digits.  270 coaches in Texas make over 100k.  They all have IPF’s as well, they are much better prepared, better equipment, better techniques and more disciplined players making less mistakes on average than the Florida kids.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Part of It is practice and preparation which falls on the coaches.  However it runs deeper, Florida has the best athletes however they don’t get developed in high school due to the lack of funds for the sports departments and this puts them at a competitive disadvantage in college.  The high schools don’t have the facilities(I sound like CCS) and they don’t pay the coaches.  In comparison there are 3 high school stadiums near me that all cost between 70 and 80 million dollars and the head coaches make 6 digits.  270 coaches in Texas make over 100k.  They all have IPF’s as well, they are much better prepared, better equipment, better techniques and more disciplined players making less mistakes on average than the Florida kids.

blinky donald trump GIF

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

blinky donald trump GIF

There have been multiple articles written about the lack of funding in Florida athletic departments.  I remember our favorite Sterling Gilbert comparing the Texas and Florida kids and how the Texas kids had been running the same offense schemes for years and Florida kids were raw with little technique and development,   The money spent on coaches in Florida pales in comparison to other states and you get what you pay for.  This is the most logical reason I can see for the penalty issues that historically plague all of the Florida schools.  However you made a nice point as well.