• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Penalties

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

22 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I know CCS is a strict disciplinarian off the field, but the team has major issues on getting penalties. This week we racked up over 100 yards on penalties. Does anyone have any real insight to the penalties? Is it a practice issue, a personnel issue, a coaching issue,  or are just undisciplined?

Texas was #102 in the country for penalties against in Strong's last year there.(surprising seeing as texas players are much more disciplined and fundamentally more sound than most players in the country)

Louisville was #112 in Strong's last year there.

penalties for the most part don't correlate with wins and losses anyway. with the exception of false starts.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

They're scanning my high school practice facility for graves...

Going to be fun because that area's where the Ag department would bury dead animals .....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so because Texas has $80M high school stadiums and indoor practice facilities means they will be penalized less? talk about a reach.

You are cherry picking pieces of the argument and obviously ignored the main point.  Higher priced coaches (not always hence our current coach), develop players better than your low priced coaches, because the more successful coaches and people in general go where they can get compensated more and they get compensated more because they are better at their jobs.  I hope I dumbed this down for you to understand.   I agree with Trips that it is not a great predictor of success, however his FT analogy was completely off base, that one will cost you more times than not.

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You are cherry picking pieces of the argument and obviously ignored the main point.  Higher priced coaches (not always hence our current coach), develop players better than your low priced coaches, because the more successful coaches and people in general go where they can get compensated more and they get compensated more because they are better at their jobs.  I hope I dumbed this down for you to understand.   I agree with Trips that it is not a great predictor of success, however his FT analogy was completely off base, that one will cost you more times than not.

Trust me your argument was dumb enough for me to understand.

If the salary of a coach had anything to do with the discipline (ie fewer penalties) of it's players then Texas would have fewer penalties than Rice.

In fact a list of the highest paid coaches would correlate with the least penalized teams.

Guess what? it doesn't.

A trend is more than a partial years worth of data.  We were  looking for a reason our team is high in penalties every year, I provided a reason you provided nothing.  Rice is an elite school, the IQ of the players plays a part as well, doubt you would understand that reasoning either.

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

A trend is more than a partial years worth of data.  We were  looking for a reason our team is high in penalties every year, I provided a reason you provided nothing.  Rice is an elite school, the IQ of the players plays a part as well, doubt you would understand that reasoning either.

again you showed absolutely no correlation in high school sports funding and penalties at the college level which was your argument.

I get maybe in your world you can just come up with some crazy pie in the sky reason and not have to back it up with sound reasoning and actual facts but in the real world that doesn't work.

No where in your argument did you say anything about IQ being a factor

48 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again you showed absolutely no correlation in high school sports funding and penalties at the college level which was your argument.

I get maybe in your world you can just come up with some crazy pie in the sky reason and not have to back it up with sound reasoning and actual facts but in the real world that doesn't work.

No where in your argument did you say anything about IQ being a factor

The original post was why every year are we the most penalized, have we always had the worst coaches and the most undisciplined stupid players or is there something else.  I believe the third piece is the lack of player development at the lower levels prior to them entering college.  Every year are O line stinks, not because they are too small, but they lack the necessary the fundamentals, poor foot work, out of position, etc causing unnecessary penalties.  Do we always have the worst o line coach, dumbest players or are they not prepared when they enter college and lack the basics, my belief but highest level I played was high school, let me know what you think is the reason.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Penalties have no correlation to victory.  

Epidatsit 

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The original post was why every year are we the most penalized, have we always had the worst coaches and the most undisciplined stupid players or is there something else.  I believe the third piece is the lack of player development at the lower levels prior to them entering college.  Every year are O line stinks, not because they are too small, but they lack the necessary the fundamentals, poor foot work, out of position, etc causing unnecessary penalties.  Do we always have the worst o line coach, dumbest players or are they not prepared when they enter college and lack the basics, my belief but highest level I played was high school, let me know what you think is the reason.

in 2016 we were #5 rushing team in the country and #9 in fewest sacks in country (ie good offensive line play)

It had more to do with the blocking scheme and the type of offense we ran than it did with the development of the players in high school.

Two of our current o-linemen who people have called out for being terrible this year had 12 starts between them that year as underclassmen.

Penalties(with the exception of false starts) don't correlate with wins or losses.

Rice leads the country in fewest penalties per game. They are 0-8

Give me an aggressive team that gets lots of penalties over a passive team that doesn't get penalties.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Penalties have no correlation to victory.  

Epidatsit 

This....I could really give two s**** about our penalties. Play aggressive and get away with what you can. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull