• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS really said McCloud is starting on Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

So IF CJL was fired for allegedly hitting a player in the face  with injury or long-term risk. What are the ramifications of playing a get hurt continuously and injuring him further?

Jordan probably isn't injured to the point that he can't even play, but rather to the point that he isn't even competitive. It's just stupid to even have him on the field at that point because 1. He isn't competitive... and 2. He isn't going to recover if he isn't rested.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Something tells me that Rygol will get the start against ECU. If is the safest and best move to make 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Something tells me that Rygol will get the start against ECU. If is the safest and best move to make 

I have no doubt CCS can make the safest choice...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I agree here Daly, at this point it is the smart play. I think CCS is keeping it open for the media so it lessens the pressure on Rygol and keeps ECU guessing. I hope the kid gets the start. At this point it can’t hurt. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree here Daly, at this point it is the smart play. I think CCS is keeping it open for the media so it lessens the pressure on Rygol and keeps ECU guessing. I hope the kid gets the start. At this point it can’t hurt. 

I think we all would agree, the game last week was unwatchable and pathetic so only the diehard fans kept watching even though we knew the ending. I just want to watch a competitive team and root for them to have a chance to maybe win, however maybe I have set my sights too high. Play someone else at QB for the love of god!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Unless there's more information, both of them did. He looks like a redshirt sophomore.

Redshirt sophomore?Sorry redshirt junior with two more years of eligibility. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think we all would agree, the game last week was unwatchable and pathetic so only the diehard fans kept watching even though we knew the ending. I just want to watch a competitive team and root for them to have a chance to maybe win, however maybe I have set my sights too high. Play someone else at QB for the love of god!

Agreed...get some one else in there so we can all feel at there is a small chance.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:
4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Unless there's more information, both of them did. He looks like a redshirt sophomore.

Redshirt sophomore?Sorry redshirt junior with two more years of eligibility. 

That's what I gathered from your post. You had the counting right, the title wrong.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Did I hear right that McCloud was wearing the glove on his throwing hand because of the injury?  Did he have third degree burns?

Who falls for that nonsense? 

Apparently, it was to improve grip, but doesn't that screw up everything you've ever practiced or done throwing a ball without a glove on your throwing hand?  Just seems stupid to me.  Any quarterbacks out there find that throwing a ball with a glove is no different than throwing a ball with a glove?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Did I hear right that McCloud was wearing the glove on his throwing hand because of the injury?  Did he have third degree burns?

Who falls for that nonsense? 

Apparently, it was to improve grip, but doesn't that screw up everything you've ever practiced or done throwing a ball without a glove on your throwing hand?  Just seems stupid to me.  Any quarterbacks out there find that throwing a ball with a glove is no different than throwing a ball with a glove?

It is different, some can use a glove and some can't. The only thing I can think of is that the injury affect the how hard he could squeeze the ball so the glove gave him a little more control on his release. His hand size would come into play here too. If he has small hands then he might need the help. Personally, if I have to have a glove to throw, I can't throw. 

Edited by BrassBulls12