Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  at ECU, 10/26 3:45 p.m. ESPNU  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    Bulls 0 3 0 0 3
    Navy 7 14 0 14 35

McCloud - 11/23, 50 yards, INT; Cronkrite - 17 car, 76 yds; St. Felix - 4 recs, 22 yds

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Corey lea

Maybe we need to be a run team ?

I think that maybe this is our formula to win. We can control the clock and protect our d. We don't have a QB, line or enough receivers. Might even give the line some confidence. The line does not finish blocks and stands around. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I think that maybe this is our formula to win. We can control the clock and protect our d. We don't have a QB, line or enough receivers. Might even give the line some confidence. The line does not finish blocks and stands around. 

At least for this year you may be right....its least complicated.

I'd say yeah, we need to be a run team against any team that can't stop the run.

• Upvote 3

@raptorcj is correct.  We have problems against teams without glaring deficiencies.  But, this was a good win.  We did what we had to do to win.  Hopefully, we can continue to do so.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it’s because I don’t really understand Florida Gator draw but I could have sworn that’s the complete opposite of the offense KB said he was coming here to run.

• Crying 1

I am worried about McCloud's passing. It was awful. I know he is young but I hope he improves. I think he has the potential. 

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

I am worried about McCloud's passing. It was awful. I know he is young but I hope he improves. I think he has the potential. 

So for football coaches and dudes that know the game....McDoom twice had beaten his defender easily, and the open side of the field was available.  Wouldn't all "routes" be off when you break a guy and he's on the right side of the field and you are running towards the center/left?  Shouldn't the QB just throw it to the non-defender, open field side?  Read the defense (like in basketball)?  F anything else?

13 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Even the TD pass to Wilcox was wobbling like crazy and dying.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

So for football coaches and dudes that know the game....McDoom twice had beaten his defender easily, and the open side of the field was available.  Wouldn't all "routes" be off when you break a guy and he's on the right side of the field and you are running towards the center/left?  Shouldn't the QB just throw it to the non-defender, open field side?  Read the defense (like in basketball)?  F anything else?

Yeah I was necessarily referring to those throws. Not sure who was more at fault there. I was talking about the other passes. Even the Wilcox touchdown pass looked like he was targeting another receiver. Of course I could be wrong about that but regardless that was a hell of a catch by Mitch.

I just hope the coaches and McCloud can drastically improve the throwing accuracy. QF went through similar issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Even the TD pass to Wilcox was wobbling like crazy and dying.

• Upvote 1