• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe we need to be a run team ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And there's still ******** about a few bad throws ....

Whenever I think of USF QBs and bad throws, I remember a game when Julmiste was in years ago and he two hopped a wide open receiver about 15 yards away... the announcers were speechless for a few seconds before one of them goes, "That just...was not a very good throw."

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Whenever I think of USF QBs and bad throws, I remember a game when Julmiste was in years ago and he two hopped a wide open receiver about 15 yards away... the announcers were speechless for a few seconds before one of them goes, "That just...was not a very good throw."

Only clear PJ memory I have is of him steamrolling a linebacker on a run up the middle ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

McCloud reminded me of Julmiste tonight. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

You might want to re-watch some games this weekend.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brad said:

You might want to re-watch some games this weekend.  

People piss on Pat but he did have a rocket for an arm and would hit an occasional bomb. He was also a tough runner. I remember one game he gave a tackler a concussion. He also spelled Matt in our first bowl win. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess I just don't have high expectations for McCloud, so the bad throws don't really disappoint me. And I say that not as a negative, but I will always take the floor over the ceiling on a player until they've shown me something. Right now, I want to see him manage the game and not do anything stupid. The bad throws are what they are, I haven't seen him light it up so I don't know if he's even capable of flicking the ball downfield or carving up a defense. So when he doesn't, I can't say it bothers me about him specifically. Sure, I'd like it, but a player is what he is. McCloud's still a mystery in a lot of ways. He's shown flashes, but Ozzie Smith hit a HR too, once. Doing something once and expecting that to be the standard sets you up for disappointment.

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

I guess I just don't have high expectations for McCloud, so the bad throws don't really disappoint me. And I say that not as a negative, but I will always take the floor over the ceiling on a player until they've shown me something. Right now, I want to see him manage the game and not do anything stupid. The bad throws are what they are, I haven't seen him light it up so I don't know if he's even capable of flicking the ball downfield or carving up a defense. So when he doesn't, I can't say it bothers me about him specifically. Sure, I'd like it, but a player is what he is. McCloud's still a mystery in a lot of ways.

You make a great statement...”manage the game.” That is exactly what he needs to do as a freshman. We don’t need him to “necessarily” be the hero, especially if the RBs are doing well. I also agree he is still a big mystery. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

He is also an injured Freshman, which may factor in.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

People piss on Pat but he did have a rocket for an arm and would hit an occasional bomb. He was also a tough runner. I remember one game he gave a tackler a concussion. He also spelled Matt in our first bowl win. 

I’m not pissing on him, I just don’t see the similarities.  Maybe I need to re-watch some games.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And there's still ******** about a few bad throws ....

And a freshman at that.