• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell - Hopefully Offense will start humming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Since I played a lot of NCAA football back in my Playstation days, I feel I am more than qualified to chime in here. The triple option is awesome if you know how to run it and recruit for it.

Hahaha that's where I truly found my love for it too,but it puts a cap on your program. Heck Paul Johnson had a ton of success at tech (comparatively) but the fans ran him off because for the average fan it's super boring even when you're winning consistently 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hahaha that's where I truly found my love for it too,but it puts a cap on your program. Heck Paul Johnson had a ton of success at tech (comparatively) but the fans ran him off because for the average fan it's super boring even when you're winning consistently 

Exactly! Defenses eventually figure it out and USF would probably be average at best with it so we would be lucky to win 6 games a season. I’m confident KB’s fun & gun prostyle offense will eventually catch on at USF. Then we will need to fix the defense next.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

My friends hated it when I ran the option in our NCAA online league, but I grinded through running it and chewing up play clock. I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

My friends hated it when I ran the option in our NCAA online league, but I grinded through running it and chewing up play clock. I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

1B909D24-E35B-440D-9561-32A9CA6248E1.png

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I was a beast with Indiana with Antwaan Randle El at QB. Many a hours were spent bleeding clock and playing keep away from my friends 

Just now, puc86 said:

1B909D24-E35B-440D-9561-32A9CA6248E1.png

rollerblading rosie perez GIF

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

rollerblading rosie perez GIF

The original 

F75D5EEA-713B-4D8D-BA28-1839FDE6983A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

53 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I love the option (I'm watching Navy Vs Memphis right now) but it would kill our recruiting and put a big time ceiling on it. There's a reason why it's only run by service academies now. Even when Gatech ran it it was because of the limits their academics put on their recruiting. The kind of recruits we need to win big games and this is conference are not coming from to USF to run the triple option. The service academies get away with it because of the 24/7 discipline present there and it allows them to to hide their size deficiencies. Then there the fact that it would kill fan interest to add to that 

Just die not make since for a Florida team

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just die not make since for a Florida team

It doesn't make sense for anyone but service academies or programs heavily hamstrung by unwavering high academic standards like GaTech. It's great for program who needs to scheme for being undersized and smart but not very athletic and needs to hide a under athleted defense but that's about it. It takes a very cerebral and team focused group of athletes to run it successfully and kids who want to play at the next level definitely would avoid it. It's a super fun novelty that I love but I'd never want it at USF. 

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It doesn't make sense for anyone but service academies or programs heavily hamstrung by unwavering high academic standards like GaTech. It's great for program who needs to scheme for being undersized and smart but not very athletic and needs to hide a under athleted defense but that's about it. It takes a very cerebral and team focused group of athletes to run it successfully and kids who want to play at the next level definitely would avoid it. It's a super fun novelty that I love but I'd never want it at USF. 

If you recall, USF first football rival Georgia Southern used that triple option and USF made some great games against them. Paul Johnson was their coach going against Leavitt’s defensive mindset. Fun times 

• Upvote 1