• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D’Eriq King (Houston QB) to sit remainder of season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, Boomer said:

So he quit the season with Houston to preserve his ability to play one more year somewhere else - and made the head coach look silly in the process.  Wonder what lesson was learned here.  It may be "fair" to the athletes, but you can be sure programs in the future will try to figure out a way to keep this from happening again.

listening to things said re; King last season, I think his family may have something to do with all the Houston debacle. Prob trying to get him the best look so he can raise his NFL stock outside of the AAC ??  Never know what took place when the new coach came in. Holgorsen is a diff animal. He seemed content with not winning this past season. Never know--The rest of the story

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Timed it perfectly for the start of the semester. Can’t pull it now.

i wonder if that will addressed in the future. Maybe they can't pull the scholarship, but can they hold all his credits until he pays them back for the spring semester,  but he has graduated so that throws another wrench into it. I'm all for player rights but it doesn't seem fair to wait until the first day of the semester to announce you are not going to do what you agreed to do for the school in return for that semester.  I understand coaches can leave when they please, but not for free. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, smazza said:

it is fair for the student athlete

football will fine

it gave lsu a championship.how is this bad for football?

nebraska passed on burrows

King quit in the middle of the season, completely sinking Houston's chances of fielding a competitive team last season. Imagine if he was USF's Quarterback, how would you feel as a teammate or a fan?  It will happen several more times next year, especially at the G5 level where highly talented upper class-men will want a shot at an extra year of eligibility to be the next Jalen Hurts or Joe Burrow at the Power 5 level.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Rumors are King is heading to Arkansas

they stink

why not go to a team where you can win?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, lotsofbull99 said:

King quit in the middle of the season, completely sinking Houston's chances of fielding a competitive team last season. Imagine if he was USF's Quarterback, how would you feel as a teammate or a fan?  It will happen several more times next year, especially at the G5 level where highly talented upper class-men will want a shot at an extra year of eligibility to be the next Jalen Hurts or Joe Burrow at the Power 5 level.

i understand your point but kids should have freedom to come and go just like the coaches

yes sometimes there is collateral damage when we exercise out rights

that is why the backup qb is the second most important position on the team

1 minute ago, smazza said:

i understand your point but kids should have freedom to come and go just like the coaches

yes sometimes there is collateral damage when we exercise out rights

that is why the backup qb is the second most important position on the team

As it becomes more prevalent, I'll probably take my ball and go home.  Lots of other activities  I can use to entertain myself in my leisure time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

As it becomes more prevalent, I'll probably take my ball and go home.  Lots of other activities  I can use to entertain myself in my leisure time.

That's only because you do not fully understand the nuances of the argument that when bad things happen to USF that is actually good for USF, when good things happen to USF that is bad for USF,  when bad things happen to other programs that is bad for USF and when good things happen to other programs that is good for USF. Once you learn the newspeak and how to look at everything in reverse from what actually makes sense you will be just fine around here. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That's only because you do not fully understand the nuances of the argument that when bad things happen to USF that is actually good for USF, when good things happen to USF that is bad for USF,  when bad things happen to other programs that is bad for USF and when good things happen to other programs that is good for USF. Once you learn the newspeak and how to look at everything in reverse from what actually makes sense you will be just fine around here. 

You're speaking like a Globalist/Multi-Cultist.  I'm a simple provincial man, who enjoys and wishes to maintain his provincial culture and traditions. Freedom is Slavery, Diversity is Strength, etc.

Edited by lotsofbull99

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

You're speaking like a Globalist/Multi-Cultist.  I'm a simple provincial man, who enjoys and wishes to maintain his provincial culture and traditions.

You are being intolerant by requesting people be tolerant of that view. We can’t truly be diverse unless everyone thinks, speaks and acts the same.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

46 minutes ago, smazza said:

The problem with this argument, and I'm not saying I am against transfers, is coaches can't leave for free. There's a price when they don't fulfill their contract. The NCAA is making transfering to easy to do with no repercussion. For example, and I don't know this is the case, but what if houston is paying for DK to start his master's program under his agreement to play football except he has now announced that he won't and is actively courting other programs. Does that seem fair to the school? He will get a free semester  of college and do nothing to help Houston program. Especially since they paid for him to go to school in the fall and he sat out. 

there was a need for some change, but the do need to take another look at this before it becomes the "quit because you can league"