• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D’Eriq King (Houston QB) to sit remainder of season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Smart coaching staff! This year is a rebuilding season with new offense system. Gives them a chance to run table next season if they figure out their defense. Wonder if USF can redshirt McCloud if things don’t go well this weekend?

He redshirted in 2018 though. Don't believe he has the option to do it again

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485
  • Days Won:  0

I feel bad for the seniors.  He's getting a re-do and they are stuck playing out a season that won't get any better.  

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I've read every response on here and I believe you're the only one that gets it. Houston is four games into the season and Holgerson already sees the overall big picture of starting 1-3 when you're a non-P5 school. Not only can he coach, he can also sell kids on the bigger picture. King ISN'T getting drafted this year. He's played for three different coaches already in his four years. Why NOT get one more year under Holgerson so he can get more acclimated to the system. If Houston turns out to be as good as advertised under Holgerson, Houston is contending next season and is stacked with seniors. King has the opportunity to showcase his talents with the entire world watching next season when Houston gets the G5 entry into a New Years bowl game against a top P5 program. Talk about a player buying into the system. 

So this is kind of like the USF 2004 CUSA season where CJL made the decision to play tons of Freshmen, knowing they were going to take their lumps, for the 2005 jump into the Big East.

Though I wonder if this hurts recruiting in the long run...apparently they have a huge list of players sitting this season out due to transfer rules

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

So college teams are tanking now to get ready for next year?   Great

I know this stuff is done more often than not and it's just not as exposed but man this just doesn't sit right with me. I understand if you're a 1-2 year player and they RS you, but if you're at the 3-4 year mark (being a jr or sr) and you want to sit so you can maybe be good next year and have a better team around you? Seems kinda **** to those seniors who've been there for you and with you over the years. i get it, probably coach's decision/idea.

In the end, it's not going to help or hurt his draft stock much IMO, and he better **** well hope he doesn't blow an ACL or get some other injury next year, all a gamble.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You guys are all wrong.  There's a grand plan in place.  King is a fallback option for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in case the current plan to franchise Jameis Winston next year, tank, then release Winston and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021 falls through.  

You heard it here first.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You guys are all wrong.  There's a grand plan in place.  King is a fallback option for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in case the current plan to franchise Jameis Winston next year, tank, then release Winston and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021 falls through.  

You heard it here first.  

Tankception!!!! 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/24/2019 at 3:52 AM, The Sheriff said:

I've read every response on here and I believe you're the only one that gets it. Houston is four games into the season and Holgerson already sees the overall big picture of starting 1-3 when you're a non-P5 school. Not only can he coach, he can also sell kids on the bigger picture. King ISN'T getting drafted this year. He's played for three different coaches already in his four years. Why NOT get one more year under Holgerson so he can get more acclimated to the system. If Houston turns out to be as good as advertised under Holgerson, Houston is contending next season and is stacked with seniors. King has the opportunity to showcase his talents with the entire world watching next season when Houston gets the G5 entry into a New Years bowl game against a top P5 program. Talk about a player buying into the system. 

Unless the AAC has some ranked teams Houston will be playing a much weaker SoS  next year.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2020/team/houston

Who knows, maybe they'll be playing in Tampa.

GO BULLS!

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 9/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, BDYZR said:

Unless the AAC has some ranked teams Houston will be playing a much weaker SoS  next year.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2020/team/houston

Who knows, maybe they'll be playing in Tampa.

GO BULLS!

We play Houston at their place in 2020.