• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fantastic Finish/AAC this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I thought you are suppose to let the clock run out in these scenarios; at least USF would.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Isn't that qb for Tulane the one who got his first playing time when we played them over at their place 2 yrs ago? They almost beat us but of course, Q came through. Mobility is the name of the game in college football both those teams have quality qb's. That catch and run was insane. Fun game to watch for sure. 

I think that was Jonathan Banks in 2017 and 2018.  McMillan is a grad transfer from LSU, he got some playing time, but wasn't their starter.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Can we hire their coach? They don’t pay him much. Estimated at $1.2 million

You people on this board make me laugh. Coach Fritz/Tulane was 4-6 in 2016, 5-7 in 2017, and 7-6 last year. Yet you on thos coach"s d@@k.  And want 2 replace CCS with him. Notice how Tulane's "patience" with their coach is finslly paying off? Not USF, we ready to fire a coach after 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

28 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You people on this board make me laugh. Coach Fritz/Tulane was 4-6 in 2016, 5-7 in 2017, and 7-6 last year. Yet you on thos coach"s d@@k.  And want 2 replace CCS with him. Notice how Tulane's "patience" with their coach is finslly paying off? Not USF, we ready to fire a coach after 2 years. 

Theres a difference between going from 4-8 to 7-6 in three years and going from 10-2 to 7-6, losing six straight, getting shutout by 49 at home and losing to a team that lost to the Citadel.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, feardabull said:

Theres a difference between going from 4-8 to 7-6 in three years and going from 10-2 to 7-6, losing six straight, getting shutout by 49 at home and losing to a team that lost to the Citadel.  

Um this was pretty much Taggarts record b4 he got 2 USF and he still got chitted on 4 it. In the end CCS still has more wins in his first 2 years than coach Fritz first 3 years. But my 2nd point was having "patience" with ur coach. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

26 minutes ago, feardabull said:

CCS has finish his 1st 2 seasons with a winning record. Fritz has 1 in 3 seasons. Im not saying Fritz is a bad coach. I just notice coach's like CCS and Taggart are held 2 much higher standards than other "type" of coaches. Look at Taggart, Scott Frost and Chip Kelly. Frost and Taggart have the same amount of wins  Kelly has less wins....yet Taggart is the only one of the 3 who is getting chitted on by the media and fans and the ONLY one on the hot seat. Just my observation. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Tulane had 3 wins in each of the two seasons before Fritz got there. He inherited crap. Charlie walked in to a better situation. Tulane has steadily moved in one direction, we've steadily moved in the other.

I'm not on the "Fire Charlie" bandwagon just yet. I think he did what he could in the offseason to fix things here, but it's looking like it's going to take a little luck to reach .500 this season. Improvement in the Win column is what really matters. Fritz took an abysmal team and has them somewhat respectable right now.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Tulane needs to seriously think about a complete uniform makeover though. Looks like something out of the World League (remember the Orlando Thunder?).

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

They kicked our butts last year and would do the same this year.

So would a lot of teams, shorter list to list those we would destroy, UMass would be our *****!

32 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Tulane had 3 wins in each of the two seasons before Fritz got there. He inherited crap. Charlie walked in to a better situation. Tulane has steadily moved in one direction, we've steadily moved in the other.

I'm not on the "Fire Charlie" bandwagon just yet. I think he did what he could in the offseason to fix things here, but it's looking like it's going to take a little luck to reach .500 this season. Improvement in the Win column is what really matters. Fritz took an abysmal team and has them somewhat respectable right now.

I recall Taggart got here with a crappy team and we were calling 4 his head in season 2. CCS walked into a situation in which the best players were graduating, all of the 2016 class was gone and he is pretty much starting over. But it is what it is. Fritz got FOUR YEARS to turn a team around.