• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The time to commit to McCloud is NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Not a true litmus against inferior opponents. McCloud has shown he is better. This is ridiculous. So we are stick with Barnett until the 4th qtr of SMU

This...they are just delaying the inevitable when Blake plays a stronger opponent and struggles...that's what is the most frustrating about all of this...if McCloud starts the 2nd half of last week none of this charade would be occurring...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

35 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I just hope we keep it classy if Barnett does trot out there. He's a bull and has busted his ass for this team. I get that Jordan deserves a shot and I agree with that 100%. Just hope it doesnt turn ugly against BB. He's still on our team.

This.

He may not be who you think is the best but he's the guy out there which means we should want the best for him.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I support whom ever is playing QB for us. I only wish our O-Line did the same.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

57 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I just hope we keep it classy if Barnett does trot out there. He's a bull and has busted his ass for this team. I get that Jordan deserves a shot and I agree with that 100%. Just hope it doesnt turn ugly against BB. He's still on our team.

I’ll be good until his first pass...just joking. Actually I am hearing that McCloud will be getting the start...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

Great post! Yes I wish everyone would understand that these are student athletes busting their tails to represent USF. BB is always going to have me respect. He just does not have the blocking. Great arm but I think last season his confidence got knocked out which I hope he gets back. He has the talent it maybe the mental side and the lack of good blocking. The two dropped passes early in the Wisconsin game did nothing for his confidence. Feel bad for him but we all should know this is a team game and we need more of a mobile QB right until we can figure out how to block. If he does get benched he needs to know that we still support him as he is going to be one bad game away from McCloud from becoming the starter again. And maybe that will spark him.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, mjadams said:

I never boo a college player - no matter the team.  Coaches and refs?  Oh yeah.  

Guest Jonesy Bull

Whichever QB we have out there, we are going to see ups and downs with both. 

BB has the experience, but is so **** inconsistent and lately has just been plain bad.  But I can't help but remember the really good game he had against GT last year and some of those late comeback victories first half of last year.  BB is what he is, can be pretty good, but so **** inconsistent.

McLeod probably will be the better QB especially for our system.  But we can't forget that he is a Freshmen, and he going to make Freshman mistakes - so we will most likely see the ups and downs with him as well...….Since he mostly likely is our QB of the future, I would like to go ahead and go with McLeod, let him take some lumps, and then really start lighting it up for us the next 3 years.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I never boo a college player - no matter the team.  Coaches and refs?  Oh yeah.  

Yep I hope not!  It's not his fault.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Whichever QB we have out there, we are going to see ups and downs with both. 

BB has the experience, but is so **** inconsistent and lately has just been plain bad.  But I can't help but remember the really good game he had against GT last year and some of those late comeback victories first half of last year.  BB is what he is, can be pretty good, but so **** inconsistent.

McLeod probably will be the better QB especially for our system.  But we can't forget that he is a Freshmen, and he going to make Freshman mistakes - so we will most likely see the ups and downs with him as well...….Since he mostly likely is our QB of the future, I would like to go ahead and go with McLeod, let him take some lumps, and then really start lighting it up for us the next 3 years.

This is the way I look at it too.  McCloud's mistakes can at least be learning experiences that help the programs future (or have the potential to).  Blake's don't have that potential they just hurt the team this season and that's it.