• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bell's #PlayFastScoreFaster Offense 'Ready to Go'

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

KB = affable guy. Not completely sure what to make of the "had to take some things out" comment, but hopefully it's what he said and he wants to make it comfortable for our 1st year offense. We've seen our guys confused before, but I want to think this guy will have them ready to pop. Like that he's drilling them on reads and formations constantly, man I hope our guys are as ready as our coordinators are saying. Officially getting excited now.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

This offense sounds similar to the gulf coast offense, being an up tempo spread meant to get the players in space. I suspect it will be a little bit more complex than Taggart's system with more passing options. 

We should score a lot more than we did under Gilberts offense simply by being less one dimensional. 

Really looking forward to seeing how Wilcox is used. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

KB = affable guy. Not completely sure what to make of the "had to take some things out" comment, but hopefully it's what he said and he wants to make it comfortable for our 1st year offense. We've seen our guys confused before, but I want to think this guy will have them ready to pop. Like that he's drilling them on reads and formations constantly, man I hope our guys are as ready as our coordinators are saying. Officially getting excited now.

It is a timing based passing system, so if everyone isn't 100% things can go very wrong. Have to make sure everyone is on the same page and that is easier with fewer pages. 

Temper the Valdosta State offensive expectations, if you have them. He pretty much said there will be growing pains and that last years Valdosta offense was the product of running the offense for three years. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It is a timing based passing system, so if everyone isn't 100% things can go very wrong. Have to make sure everyone is on the same page and that is easier with fewer pages. 

Temper the Valdosta State offensive expectations, if you have them. He pretty much said there will be growing pains and that last years Valdosta offense was the product of running the offense for three years. 

I agree with you for the most part.  One thing I'll say is we have the talent on offense to score 40 a game if our o line is even average.  The offense wont need to be complicated yet

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

All of this. If you have miscommunications in a timing offense that means turning the ball over. I don't know mind him dialing it down a bit against a team like Wisconsin, especially in our first game in his system. We have to play a clean game and every turnover we have means more of Taylor and that big offense leaning on our defense. We can't afford to give away/give Wisconsin extra possessions with unforced turnovers or this game will get ugly. Hopefully everyone is on the same page Friday our margin for error is small and you can bet Wisconsin is going to try to protect the new starter and beat us one dimensionally/portect their new QB. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, feardabull said:

I agree with you for the most part.  One thing I'll say is we have the talent on offense to score 40 a game if our o line is even average.  The offense wont need to be complicated yet

I agree. We can average 40 points per game with this offense. We have the talent, just have to execute. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

More Kerwin from 95.3 WDAE, 10 min interview - https://www.iheart.com/podcast/502-the-pat-and-aaron-show-pod-28241880/episode/kerwin-bell-wilcox-is-the-48540794/

Edited by Vivadiscordia

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Playing and scoring fast? Sounds like a CCS nightmare.

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,580
  • Days Won:  29

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

..l. 

Really looking forward to seeing how Wilcox is used. 

And Ford, Cronk, etc.

Go BULLS !!!