• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Humidity Play A Role Against Wisconsin?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Wait!  I havent watched the weather.  Does this thing really have a chance to hit us on Friday?

That would really suck not having Bulls football Friday, almost as bad as losing electricity for a week.

No... won't be here till sometime next week

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  232
  • Days Won:  0

what number does humidity wear?  and what position does he play?  never heard of this player, is he a bull?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, slaterson said:

what number does humidity wear?  and what position does he play?  never heard of this player, is he a bull?

He should be playing as about 75 to 80% on Friday, which may benefit is USF.

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, Calibull said:

Say what you want... it's hard to deal with.  Coming from Southern California were it is just as hot as Florida,  actually hotter but no humidity, I struggle when I get to Florida because of the humidity.  It takes me several days, nearly a week before I feel like I'm even beginning to adjust to it.  You have a bunch of  men who are not used to this, it's been in the 70s ad 80s in Wisconsin, so this weather will have an affect on them... especially bigger guys.  No way around it.  It will be in the upper 80s durning kickoff and the humidity of the air will offer no relief.  It's not a night game, it's at 4 pm.  Will be night by the end of the game but if you dont think the weather will be an advantage for the team that lives and practices in it, you're sadly mistaken. 

Back to normal in Florida is crushing if it's not your normal.

I do think it gives us a little advantage just not as much as you do - with it being a night game and the Sun is turned off.

Btw Wisconsin is not California.  They actually have do have humidity in the summer granted not to the same extent.  Its not completely foreign to them.  I lived in LA for a year I know how it is there.

The game 7pm ET....4PT

Edited by Jonesy Bull

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I do think it gives us a little advantage just not as much as you do - with it being a night game and the Sun is turned off.

Btw Wisconsin is not California.  They actually have do have humidity in the summer granted not to the same extent.  Its not completely foreign to them.  I lived in LA for a year I know how it is there.

The game 7pm ET....4PT

The real humidity is only overnight. If they get any appreciable heat it almost assuredly means humidity below 50%. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The real humidity is only overnight. If they get any appreciable heat it almost assuredly means humidity below 50%. 

My point is Wisconsin is not California dry.  There is humidity.  Nothing like ours I give you that.

Ive said it should give us a little bit of an advantage.

Look, I hope Cali is right and the humidity zaps the whisky players by halftime and just want to get back on the plane and go home. I just dont see it as the Huge advantage that people want to think.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  232

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

He should be playing as about 75 to 80% on Friday, which may benefit is USF.

So humidity changes numbers during the game?  Not many players have changed numbers during a game, although it has happened.

16 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

My point is Wisconsin is not California dry.  There is humidity.  Nothing like ours I give you that.

Ive said it should give us a little bit of an advantage.

Look, I hope Cali is right and the humidity zaps the whisky players by halftime and just want to get back on the plane and go home. I just dont see it as the Huge advantage that people want to think.

I don't think it will be that big of a deal barring a day/night like tonight. The current temperature is 87 degrees and the feels like is 99. That is enough to zap anyone's energy. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

It was 93 degrees today.  High on Friday is forecasted 88.  So wont be as hot temp wise.  But 60% chance of rain.  The Tampa humidity machine will definately be turned on.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

I just hope we are good enough to win without gimmicks or advantageous weather.