• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Humidity Play A Role Against Wisconsin?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Gismo said:

Skip, is that you?

thats the first thing that came to my mind when saw this thread

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Hopefully they forgot sports drinks in Wisconsin.

Not a problem, there’s plenty of natures sports drink (H2O) available to RJS..

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Central will have an even greater advantage in that regard over Stanford.  Afternoon game and an opponent who never deals with any sort of humidity. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

In a simple answer, not much.  Some guys might cramp up but that always happens in week one, the Bulls will probably have a couple cases too.  UW runs a ball control O so it's not going to be a game with 90+ snaps both ways which should also mitigate the weather's impact a bit.

People all know that the weather in Wisconsin/Minnesota sucks. Usually the winter soaks up all the coverage because it is worse than just about anywhere else in the lower 48 and that is notable. Really though, the weather sucks because you get these extreme swings both ways, incredibly hot and humid during the summer then frigid and wet winters.  We get the worst of both worlds here.  It is certainly not Florida humid, but most of July in Madison was in the 90's with heat indexes around 100.  Enough to get you used to working in the heavy air at least.

Combined with modern nutrition/training staffs, weather shouldn't be much of an issue next week. But you never  really know...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, JohnKester59 said:

In a simple answer, not much.  Some guys might cramp up but that always happens in week one, the Bulls will probably have a couple cases too.  UW runs a ball control O so it's not going to be a game with 90+ snaps both ways which should also mitigate the weather's impact a bit.

People all know that the weather in Wisconsin/Minnesota sucks. Usually the winter soaks up all the coverage because it is worse than just about anywhere else in the lower 48 and that is notable. Really though, the weather sucks because you get these extreme swings both ways, incredibly hot and humid during the summer then frigid and wet winters.  We get the worst of both worlds here.  It is certainly not Florida humid, but most of July in Madison was in the 90's with heat indexes around 100.  Enough to get you used to working in the heavy air at least.

Combined with modern nutrition/training staffs, weather shouldn't be much of an issue next week. But you never  really know...

Not going to argue, but you had ONE WEEK that could be considered hot by Tampa standards.

Here's an interesting way to waste time - https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/madison/historic?month=8&year=2019

Used with this one - https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/heatindex.shtml

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

Oh I know Florida is on a different level, I used to stay with my cousins in Plantation every summer and it was unlike anything I've ever experienced.  But the game isn't at peak Tampa heat, it is at the end of August and at night. Right now it says it should be 88 with a low of 77.  Those are temps that Wisconsinites are very familiar with. That was my only point, that it does get humid in Wisconsin (not like peak Florida) so it shouldn't be a total shock to our guys. It's not like UCLA or Stanford coming down.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If we lose, I think we all know it will be because of the color of our uniform, not the humidity. :thumbsup: 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, usf97 said:

If we lose, I think we all know it will be because of the color of our uniform, not the humidity. :thumbsup: 

Failure to incorporate the half-back dive into the new offense will cause USF to come up short.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, JohnKester59 said:

Oh I know Florida is on a different level, I used to stay with my cousins in Plantation every summer and it was unlike anything I've ever experienced.  But the game isn't at peak Tampa heat, it is at the end of August and at night. Right now it says it should be 88 with a low of 77.  Those are temps that Wisconsinites are very familiar with. That was my only point, that it does get humid in Wisconsin (not like peak Florida) so it shouldn't be a total shock to our guys. It's not like UCLA or Stanford coming down.

Late August isn’t peak Tampa heat?   Where do you get your weather info from?

https://weatherspark.com/y/16799/Average-Weather-in-Tampa-Florida-United-States-Year-Round

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, JohnKester59 said:

I pretty much agree with this.  Yes the Humidity will get to the Wisky players somewhat, but it really won't be that big of a factor......Now, if this game was early Saturday afternoon, that would have been very difficult for the badgers.

The Bulls will just have to beat your butts on the field fair and square!