• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Humidity Play A Role Against Wisconsin?

Guest Jonesy Bull
53 minutes ago, feardabull said:

Hopefully Hurricane Dorian is gone by gameday....

Not that it will likely matter, but both teams have Nov 2 as a bye week so rescheduling is certainly possible

Wait!  I havent watched the weather.  Does this thing really have a chance to hit us on Friday?

That would really suck not having Bulls football Friday, almost as bad as losing electricity for a week.

Guest Jonesy Bull

These last couple days have been extra hot even for August.  The friday forecast will be back to normal Florida weather.  Yes warm and alot of humidity, but it being a night game still dont think it makes a big difference only a little.  Now of this was an afternoon game i would have completely opposite take.  This is one that if was a Nooner which everybody loves so much, would have been a nice advantage for us.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This thread is nonsense. We’re not facing a team full of delicate flowers. There are limits to how the body adapts physiologically to exertion in the heat. You get past a certain point and it’s just hot as **** for everybody.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

This thread is nonsense. We’re not facing a team full of delicate flowers. There are limits to how the body adapts physiologically to exertion in the heat. You get past a certain point and it’s just hot as **** for everybody.

Image result for hot and humid

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Friday at 6pm the reported high was 90° with 79% humidity. Heat index was 113°

It's hotter on the field than that.

GO BULLS!

Yeah... that will affect me watching.  lol

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Correct...Its always about the Jimmys and the Joe’s. 

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

These last couple days have been extra hot even for August.  The friday forecast will be back to normal Florida weather.  Yes warm and alot of humidity, but it being a night game still dont think it makes a big difference only a little.  Now of this was an afternoon game i would have completely opposite take.  This is one that if was a Nooner which everybody loves so much, would have been a nice advantage for us.

Say what you want... it's hard to deal with.  Coming from Southern California were it is just as hot as Florida,  actually hotter but no humidity, I struggle when I get to Florida because of the humidity.  It takes me several days, nearly a week before I feel like I'm even beginning to adjust to it.  You have a bunch of  men who are not used to this, it's been in the 70s ad 80s in Wisconsin, so this weather will have an affect on them... especially bigger guys.  No way around it.  It will be in the upper 80s durning kickoff and the humidity of the air will offer no relief.  It's not a night game, it's at 4 pm.  Will be night by the end of the game but if you dont think the weather will be an advantage for the team that lives and practices in it, you're sadly mistaken. 

Back to normal in Florida is crushing if it's not your normal.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Wait!  I havent watched the weather.  Does this thing really have a chance to hit us on Friday?

That would really suck not having Bulls football Friday, almost as bad as losing electricity for a week.

Looking at the latest track, it looks like it wont be here til next weekend/monday.   If at all.  Will still be in the Caribbean friday.  Hopefully nothing changes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, Calibull said:

It's not a night game, it's at 4 pm.

I'm confused.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said: