• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Usf is partly to blame for poor attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I agree an IPF is a necessity but it does not need to be better than anyone elses- it needs to be a a place to practice with appropriate locker rooms

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

I agree an IPF is a necessity but it does not need to be better than anyone elses- it needs to be a a place to practice with appropriate locker rooms

If you are going to do it and likely make this our crown jewel than do it right and make it flashy.  I like spending money on athletics, beats the crap out of some honors building. Helps in recruiting which brings depth which helps us win and bring in more money.  A worthy investment with a nice return IMO.

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Don’t waste money on an IPF...build a domed stadium...two problems solved...OCS & IPF in one.

That is like choosing a Aston Martin over a Ford Focus, let’s get a retractable roof while we are it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If we win as much as they have recently, we'll see an increase in attendance.  But we haven't even won a conference championship... so we should probably take care of that.  Having meaningful games in November could draw interest.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Don’t waste money on an IPF...build a domed stadium...two problems solved...OCS & IPF in one.

Help move the Rays to Montreal, take their stadium down and reconstruct on campus...BAM! 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Help move the Rays to Montreal, take their stadium down and reconstruct on campus...BAM! 

Genius outside the box thinking. Can't wait to see it come over the Howard Frankland.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

If you are going to continue to hound my posts and belittle things I say without quoting the entire content that supports that argument-- you can just stop now. I am not putting up with this type of abuse. Why is my opinion so ******* important anyway? Just ignore me.

There is absolutely no way to quote the entire content, you bloviate at an extreme level and take negativity to all time lows.  I know your complaint lies with Trips but I could not refrain from airing my opinion,  you are a die hard fan and that is appreciated but life is too short to wallow in crap.  If you can’t see the light at the end of this tunnel then you need some help bro, life is better than you perceive.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, MikeG said:

sorry to be such a downer. What I think MK needs to do is ratchet back expenditures to more reasonable levels. We cannot continue to bleed money through the program-- that was not the plan when we started. Sadly-- we got used to those budgets of the Big East days-- and at the time, those were worth doing because the bleed rate was barely noticeable. That doesn't mean we don't keep building the program-- just that we take a more sensible approach and stop blowing money so fast in some attempt to get a miracle invite to the P5. Core items related to the strength of the team are essential. Having a big name coach is not one of those-- even CJL was basically a youngish nobody when we brought him in the grow the program. I would have been happier if they scrapped the Charlie Strong big bucks contract situation (we had him for a song thanks to Texas footing a big part of the bill) and just named Kerwin Bell the head coach even-- or someone like him. We need to step back and become a place where good young coaches can make their mark and be scooped up by the P5 teams again (or at least coveted by them).

That is my take-- throttle back on the "we've arrived" stuff and get back to growing organically-- focusing on the area talent and relationships. Does an indoor practice facility or a new football facility have to be a must have? Who are we trying to compete with on those fronts? It just seems like everyone involved has this attitude that we belong and the way to keep going is throwing money at the situation. As much as many of us make Power6 or the American Conference --- winning that should be the focus. I guess I am feeling like we are still stuck in an arms race that no one is even paying attention to that matters (P5 conferences).

This is not to say I won't always be supporting the Bulls--- I just wish they would re-evaluate the conditions in a more realistic way.

Im with you on most of your points.  I also would like to be in a P5 conference with the big boys.  But thats not the reality and probably wont be any time soon.....although reshuffling has always been on its own timeframe and usually pretty quick.

I accept that we are what we are.  My focus is to be better -"where we are".   And hopefully become more relevant (sure this will go over well) i.e UCF. and i emphasize "recently"....yes i know they also won the fiesta bowl a few years back....but there were bad days in between....and there likely will be again unless they become a consistent powerhouse.  Possible but unlikely.  Not enough overall history.

I still believe things are cyclical and we are on our way to becoming more relevant in football and basketball than recent times (my opinion) - we were somewhat relevant 2 years ago at 11-2 ( but again no championsips) - thorn in our side.

I digress......I feel like we are doing some good things like u pointed out - indoor practice facility, scheduling, recruiting.

Im going to live in the moment and stop worrying about where we arent and enjoy Bulls football...of couse while continuing to hope to move up one day.  And If we dont I will be ok will learn to live with that.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I do disagree with you Mike on Charlie Strong......the Jury is still out.  It will be answewed soon.  His conservatism at times does annoy me.  But im not sure if it was all on Charlie or the OC and other assistants that needed to be upgraded.  Charliecis ultimately responsible - comes with the territory.

I do realize he brought Sterling with him from Texas and he was not the answer imo.  And thats on the head coach.

But he has been flexible and revamped the roster and coaching staff and recruiting is going pretty well....im willing to reserve judgement until things play out.