• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Usf is partly to blame for poor attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 8/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, MikePhillips said:

Tampa is Yankee fans

Somehow we need to convince everyone, that USF is actually located in New York and they'll all come to the games

Must be why Rutgers has been killing it lately.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/10/2019 at 2:34 PM, MikeG said:

sorry-- I am tired of pretending that everything is fine with the football program. We are screwed and most likely never getting out of mid-tier G5 non-factoring exile. We can't do anything about it and I feel the school is approaching the situation incorrectly. The big schools have decided not to share the ball anymore or more to the point, the TV money. And they wonder why little old USF can't compete with them--- pretty simple really. They have 5 times the operating budget to work with and we are losing money every season. Not even an OCS is going to help that, contrary to what some believe.

If this is your take, then what do you suggest Mr. Kelly do thats he is not already doing.

The situation is what it is, but that doest mean you just throw up your hands and give up.

Nobody is Nostradamus on here.  Things can change quickly if you work hard, make the right decisions, and a little luck doesnt hurt.

The fact that we have VPA Kelly working hard behind the scenes gives me some hope.

Im the meantime ill contine to support my Bulls even of we drop to Division 2.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

If this is your take, then what do you suggest Mr. Kelly do thats he is not already doing.

The situation is what it is, but that doest mean you just throw up your hands and give up.

Nobody is Nostradamus on here.  Things can change quickly if you work hard, make the right decisions, and a little luck doesnt hurt.

The fact that we have VPA Kelly working hard behind the scenes gives me some hope.

Im the meantime ill contine to support my Bulls even of we drop to Division 2.

There's not much MK can do that he's not already doing. Bottom line, we are what we are and where we are. The ******** and moaning about where we're not gets pretty freaking tiresome in here at times. College football is pretty much awesome at any level but if one can't appreciate that, the least they can do is stop trying to ******* ruin it for everybody else.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

My friend and I have had season tix for 5 years now. I am alumni he is not. We love the school and the teams. We are not a top tier team but we can be one day. Just keep pushing to be better each day. I have higher hopes this season than what we had last season. I am excited to see the Bell era of our offense. If you want more attendance bring your friends. Get them excited. We buy 6 tickets each year to bring friends and family to the game. We put on a fun tailgate to add to the experience. Do what you can to make it better yourself. The rest falls in place. LETS GO BULLS. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, Triple B said:

There's not much MK can do that he's not already doing. Bottom line, we are what we are and where we are. The ******** and moaning about where we're not gets pretty freaking tiresome in here at times. College football is pretty much awesome at any level but if one can't appreciate that, the least they can do is stop trying to ******* ruin it for everybody else.

Totally agree.  Its still a lot of fun going to the games and cheering on our team, even in the little ole American Conference.  No, we are not in the Power 5 - but do we really deserve to be at this point (totally different argument and conversation).  I don't know the answer to that.

I do see exciting times ahead for our football and basketball programs (at least it feels that way).  Doesn't necessarily mean we are going to move up (but anything is possible down the road).  Might as well just live in the moment and enjoy the ride. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

My friend and I have had season tix for 5 years now. I am alumni he is not. We love the school and the teams. We are not a top tier team but we can be one day. Just keep pushing to be better each day. I have higher hopes this season than what we had last season. I am excited to see the Bell era of our offense. If you want more attendance bring your friends. Get them excited. We buy 6 tickets each year to bring friends and family to the game. We put on a fun tailgate to add to the experience. Do what you can to make it better yourself. The rest falls in place. LETS GO BULLS. 

This is how you build a fanbase...kudos!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

Very nice ...you started with the Man in the Mirror, asking him to change his ways. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Very nice ...you started with the Man in the Mirror, asking him to change his ways. 

Exactly. You get out of the game day experience what you put into it. You cannot control what happens on the field. (even though we all have our superstitions that we believe controls the outcome) In my honest opinion those who refuse to go until we have an OCS or they bring back Levitt or they have a undefeated season, etc. are not really wanting to be fans. They just want to complain. Yes I hate when we lose and I argue from the stands when bad decisions are made but I will still support the team as best I can. The more full the stands are when the team isn't top of the heap the more money the program earns. The more the program makes the more they can afford the items that others are holding out waiting for. Be the chicken or be the egg just be the change you are waiting for. Let's go Bulls. 

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

That doesn't mean we don't keep building the program-- just that we take a more sensible approach and stop blowing money so fast in some attempt to get a miracle invite to the P5.

Where exactly are we "blowing money so fast in some attempt to get a miracle invite to the P5"?

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

Does an indoor practice facility or a new football facility have to be a must have? Who are we trying to compete with on those fronts?

Mother nature?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

sorry to be such a downer. What I think MK needs to do is ratchet back expenditures to more reasonable levels. We cannot continue to bleed money through the program-- that was not the plan when we started. Sadly-- we got used to those budgets of the Big East days-- and at the time, those were worth doing because the bleed rate was barely noticeable. That doesn't mean we don't keep building the program-- just that we take a more sensible approach and stop blowing money so fast in some attempt to get a miracle invite to the P5. Core items related to the strength of the team are essential. Having a big name coach is not one of those-- even CJL was basically a youngish nobody when we brought him in the grow the program. I would have been happier if they scrapped the Charlie Strong big bucks contract situation (we had him for a song thanks to Texas footing a big part of the bill) and just named Kerwin Bell the head coach even-- or someone like him. We need to step back and become a place where good young coaches can make their mark and be scooped up by the P5 teams again (or at least coveted by them).

That is my take-- throttle back on the "we've arrived" stuff and get back to growing organically-- focusing on the area talent and relationships. Does an indoor practice facility or a new football facility have to be a must have? Who are we trying to compete with on those fronts? It just seems like everyone involved has this attitude that we belong and the way to keep going is throwing money at the situation. As much as many of us make Power6 or the American Conference --- winning that should be the focus. I guess I am feeling like we are still stuck in an arms race that no one is even paying attention to that matters (P5 conferences).

This is not to say I won't always be supporting the Bulls--- I just wish they would re-evaluate the conditions in a more realistic way.

It does appear that the IPF is a must have.  I know we won a lot of big games not having one but I'm guessing Leavitt had the guys out there during full blown lightning storms.  Now with all the requirements for how close and how long to wait the IPF makes sense and will probably help with recruiting.