• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Berrong OLB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Gobulls90 said:

I don’t remember Q, DJ or Mack tweeting out there percentage of commitment every week. They didn’t need the attention I guess.

In all fairness to Berong there, those 3 didn’t commit and then us have a coaching change before signing day. Something happened that made him change his mind in a week. Maybe there’s a clue in the Scripture he included ..... although I’m guessing there aren’t many verses revolving around coaches. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

In all fairness to Berong there, those 3 didn’t commit and then us have a coaching change before signing day. Something happened that made him change his mind in a week. Maybe there’s a clue in the Scripture he included ..... although I’m guessing there aren’t many verses revolving around coaches. 

It is fine, kid needs to do what is best for him.  Learning lesson.  Wish him the best where he lands. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

I understand the coaching change part of it. I guess my point is I have more respect for kids who are more private about their commitment, especially with everything that could happen until signing day. I mean in all honesty the only people who need to know you are committed is the school and that’s just a phone call. I guess I don’t really blame the kids specially. The real person to blame is Lebron. Having an hour special on ESPN about what team you’ll sign with ****** up an entire generation of kids who think having a big hoopla around their choices is important to everyone. Out of those 3 Q and Mack committed before signing day. DJ was the only one who did the day of so I’m not sure what you mean.

1 hour ago, Gobulls90 said:

I understand the coaching change part of it. I guess my point is I have more respect for kids who are more private about their commitment, especially with everything that could happen until signing day. I mean in all honesty the only people who need to know you are committed is the school and that’s just a phone call. I guess I don’t really blame the kids specially. The real person to blame is Lebron. Having an hour special on ESPN about what team you’ll sign with ****** up an entire generation of kids who think having a big hoopla around their choices is important to everyone. Out of those 3 Q and Mack committed before signing day. DJ was the only one who did the day of so I’m not sure what you mean.

What I mean was if there was no coaching change, causing questions about committed recruits, I don’t think Bering tweets anything about being 1000 % committed. There was no need for those other 3 to do that, because of no coaching change, so that’s why the circumstances are different.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What I mean was if there was no coaching change, causing questions about committed recruits, I don’t think Bering tweets anything about being 1000 % committed. There was no need for those other 3 to do that, because of no coaching change, so that’s why the circumstances are different.  

Read on another site grades were the culprit.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

So we have higher academic standards than UF?

27 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Will be interesting to see where ends up if that’s the case. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I see. I just think if it was coach related he would have de committed shortly after strong left or shortly after the assistances left. 

5 hours ago, Gobulls90 said:

I see. I just think if it was coach related he would have de committed shortly after strong left or shortly after the assistances left. 

Definitely agree there. Something happened between this week and now .... whether it was a UF offer or grades. If it was just the coaching change he’d have already been gone. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Definitely agree there. Something happened between this week and now .... whether it was a UF offer or grades. If it was just the coaching change he’d have already been gone. 

It can't be a coaching change based on the timeline. And there is zero chance we pulled his offer. So it's either got a better offer, which will show itself if he signs with UF, or it's grades, which will show if he signs with not-UF or any decent academic school.