• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WDAE announces partnership with USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

From the top down in all facets of the university USF isn’t close to having the support Temple has.  Far beyond butts in football seats.

I know, I know Philly is the 5th largest city in the country.

I'm no expert on this, but aren't we taking about a program that got demoted for lack of support not too long ago? Has it picked up that much since then?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

47 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Excuse me but Temple Football isn't even an afterthought in Philly. They litterally have no support. I just don't get where you claim Temple is ahead of USF in community  support.

There are few G5 programs located in areas with 3 or 4 major professional sports franchises and I just can't think of any that have that much better support than here ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm no expert on this, but aren't we taking about a program that got demoted for lack of support not too long ago? Has it picked up that much since then?

I think thanks to three years ago it did a bit. But they have a greater problem...their pro team is actually good (compared to Tampa) and they are in the north where CFB is second level anyway. Last, PSU dominates whatever CFB support that exists in the state, 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

There are few G5 programs located in areas with 3 or 4 major professional sports franchises and I just can't think of any that have that much better support than here ...

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

temple is straight a$$, the longer we play them the worse our trajectory goes, I don’t care of their recent success, they are bush league.

Excuse me, I was saying that Temple is less than an afterthought in Philly. They get no support at all. So, I was wondering why Bausfkid could claim they and their admin were better then USF's. It just doesn't add up.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Let’s not muddy the water.  Stay focused on USF and the lack of support from the Tampa Bay Area.  This is not about Temple, it’s about USF. The lack of support goes far beyond football.  USF is a fantastic university and Dr Genshaft left it far better than she found it.  Michael Kelly is doing a great job to this point.  No one can seem to figure out why the lack of support from the greater community.

Go Bulls!

7 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Let’s not muddy the water.  Stay focused on USF and the lack of support from the Tampa Bay Area.  This is not about Temple, it’s about USF. The lack of support goes far beyond football.  USF is a fantastic university and Dr Genshaft left it far better than she found it.  Michael Kelly is doing a great job to this point.  No one can seem to figure out why the lack of support from the greater community.

Go Bulls!

Temple was brought up because if there is indeed this perplexing lack of support from Tampa, which in itself is debatable, it's something endemic to program like ours in areas like this and the only who can't figure it out is you ....

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Temple was brought up because if there is indeed this perplexing lack of support from Tampa, which in itself is debatable, it's something endemic to program like ours in areas like this and the only who can't figure it out is you ....

Go Bulls!

I’ll be one of about 18K USF fans in the stadium vs Wisconsin.  

Tampa does not support USF from the top down.  Broaden beyond sports.  

Guest Jonesy Bull

Its not just USF but a greater Tampa Bay area problem in general.  Only the Lightning get great support from the community on a consistent basis - certainly not the Rays, and even the Bucs rarely ever sell out except for that period of tme in the early 2000s when they were really good.

We are a bandwagon community and USF is no different.  It is what it is! The support was pretty good in the 2007 era when we were ranked high and won a few big games.....but what have we done since then to really get the area excited about the USF brand?

Guest Jonesy Bull

We also suffer the stigma of basically being demoted from the big boy table....except for the die hards like us, the general fan is not going to get excited about the AAC games.

I do think we will have a pretty good showing against Wisconsin and maybe BYU if we get off to a good start.

41 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I’ll be one of about 18K USF fans in the stadium vs Wisconsin.  

Tampa does not support USF from the top down.  Broaden beyond sports.  

USF's presence downtown makes the "broaden beyond sports" quip sound hollow. As far as sports is concerned, though, the support in this area is a lot bigger USF alumni problem than it is a Tampa problem.