• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WDAE announces partnership with USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Lots of reasons for not showing up besides not caring. **** exacerbating what anybody else believes. Those attendance figures are the ones that everybody in the country is measured by. 

I get that but if we sold 38k and only 24k are showing it’s more than a child’s runny noise causing parents not to attend. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that but if we sold 38k and only 24k are showing it’s more than a child’s runny noise causing parents not to attend. 

THE most important thing is that they are financially supporting the program. Not visibly seeing them, for whatever reason, is just not that big of a deal ...... although I’m sure CCS would love to see every paying customer in their seat. 

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

THE most important thing is that they are financially supporting the program. Not visibly seeing them, for whatever reason, is just not that big of a deal ...... although I’m sure CCS would love to see every paying customer in their seat. 

I still think there is an intrinsic aspect here. I buy season tickets to the university I work at but have been to three games in five years. However, in a sense of obligation I buy a cheap ticket...but I could care less how they do. Yes, this helps the program financially and that is key  but when times get hard I will drop them financially over going to movies or a play in Boston. Thus my support is inflated and not real. I suspect this applies to many in Tampa. Financials are only half of the support. If you are not there do you “fully” care? No impact? Does a P5 conference want a team they has bad optics on tv...regardless of income? Some will say they don’t care I beg to differ. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

We have under 4,000 season ticket "buyers" ... after 20 plus years is disheartening. 

Go BULLS !!!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,950
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I buy a cheap ticket...but I could care less how they do. Yes, this helps the program financially

Probably not as much as the heartache it creates for you and one of our media outlets.

Maybe you should stop buying the cheap seats and just donate directly.

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

Probably not as much as the heartache it creates for you and one of our media outlets.

He’s talking about buying tix at the school where he works, not USF. I think he does just donate here. 

53 minutes ago, Brad said:

My comment was toward my employer UNH...NOT USF. Come on Brad you should know better than that. 🙂

Just now, Triple B said:

He’s talking about buying tix at the school where he works, not USF. I think he does just donate here. 

Correct. I donate to athletics and the College of Social Science...not much but all that I can. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Does a P5 conference want a team they has bad optics on tv...regardless of income? Some will say they don’t care I beg to differ. 

First, I honestly don’t think they really care about that much, if at all. What they’ll be looking at is the financial commitment of the supporters and as ET pointed out, THATS where we have a problem right now ..... but if they have some concern about the way it looks, being shown how it was when we were in a “big boy” conference should allay any fears. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,950
  • Days Won:  469

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

My comment was toward my employer UNH...NOT USF. Come on Brad you should know better than that. 🙂

Correct. I donate to athletics and the College of Social Science...not much but all that I can. 

My apologies for misconstruing.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, JTrue said:

Unless you've got proof USF fans buy but don't go to games at a higher rate than other programs, you're just fishing for something to complain about.

This right here.  My wife's aunt, a Gator's season ticket holder for many years, called the other day to let me know that if my son wants to go to a Gators game there will be plenty of tickets available to a a few games just let her know.