• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WDAE announces partnership with USF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

I’ve been highly critical of Tampa’s leadership (public and private), residents and the community as a whole based on the lack of support for USF far beyond athletics. Butts in seats is an easy measurable.

The Bay Area reaps the financial benefits of USF, but doesn’t support the university or athletics.  

We are way beyond the opponent on the field as an excuse for not showing up or supporting the teams.

“Bay Made, but not Bay Paid”.

Go Bulls!

So does Philly do a better job with Temple?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From the top down in all facets of the university USF isn’t close to having the support Temple has.  Far beyond butts in football seats.

I know, I know Philly is the 5th largest city in the country.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I can't speak to the years since we've been down here ('02), but when we lived up there Temple football game behind Penn State football, Army/Navy game and most decent high schools. No one talked about it.  

I never listened much to Sports Talk radio but I'm guessing the Eagles got the coverage.  Their fans are, well, fanatical.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

From the top down in all facets of the university USF isn’t close to having the support Temple has.  Far beyond butts in football seats.

Example comparisons with Tampa/USF? Like you said, it's certainly not showing with the butts in the seats up there ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Amazing what a few years does. While I was teaching at Villanova and Eastern University back in the early 1990s I actually had season tickets for two years at Temple. They were in the Big East and got creamed every game. I sat with an elderly alumnus who was a Philly judge. He told me he could not talk about the good old days as they never existed. I have always hoped that the old judge was still around for some of the recent Temple successes. Philly was crazy about the Eagles and if anything that has only increased. I suspect Temple gets some lip service on sports talk radio but not much. They are trying to build a stadium in West Philly but the neighborhood, which is a **** hole, is preventing it from happening. Their contract with the Eagles stadium is worse than ours with the Bucs.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazing what a few years does. While I was teaching at Villanova and Eastern University back in the early 1990s I actually had season tickets for two years at Temple. They were in the Big East and got creamed every game. I sat with an elderly alumnus who was a Philly judge. He told me he could not talk about the good old days as they never existed. I have always hoped that the old judge was still around for some of the recent Temple successes. Philly was crazy about the Eagles and if anything that has only increased. I suspect Temple gets some lip service on sports talk radio but not much. They are trying to build a stadium in West Philly but the neighborhood, which is a **** hole, is preventing it from happening. Their contract with the Eagles stadium is worse than ours with the Bucs.  

My oldest son went to a UCF Temple game in the last year or so. He said it was a do once experience, and only once. Of course, the flavor came from about 10 people wearing Nebraska Uni's yelling at Scott Frost. The were not welcomed by the visiting UCF fans, that's all I will say.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

My oldest son went to a UCF Temple game in the last year or so. He said it was a do once experience, and only once. Of course, the flavor came from about 10 people wearing Nebraska Uni's yelling at Scott Frost. The were not welcomed by the visiting UCF fans, that's all I will say.

I have heard the same. But since Uconn is now leaving, Temple will probably be my guaranteed “close” road game for me...unfortunately...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have heard the same. But since Uconn is now leaving, Temple will probably be my guaranteed “close” road game for me...unfortunately...

Philly fan has always been SH!T, I have always informed them of my distaste and they have accepted it, stand tall and call them out for the jabroni A$$clowns they are, Eff em.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I know, I know Philly is the 5th largest city in the country.

Excuse me but Temple Football isn't even an afterthought in Philly. They litterally have no support. I just don't get where you claim Temple is ahead of USF in community  support.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Excuse me but Temple Football isn't even an afterthought in Philly. They litterally have no support. I just don't get where you claim Temple is ahead of USF in community  support.

temple is straight a$$, the longer we play them the worse our trajectory goes, I don’t care of their recent success, they are bush league.