• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

28 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I would bet my house the Bengals pick up a RB in the draft or a vet FA before camp. 

Not that risky a bet as almost every (I was going to say every, but there might be one or two exceptions) team in the league will add an RB or two, either through the draft or FA before camp.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Not that risky a bet as almost every (I was going to say every, but there might be one or two exceptions) team in the league will add an RB or two, either through the draft or FA before camp.

That's right up there with betting CCS was going to try and add a few more players to the roster through transfers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,475
  • Days Won:  13

19 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Exactly, and a guy they invest a draft pick in would make the roster over Q unless Q blows him out of the water in camp. If its close to equal they will keep the younger guy who they invested a pick on. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

yep. very wishful thinking. The Bengals were so sure that Q was so good that they stashed him on the PS which opened him up to any team picking him up, they also had open practices for all of training camp. They must have limited his touches there for that reason. All this for a guy that will have his work cut out for him to make the roster this year. I would bet my house the Bengals pick up a RB in the draft or a vet FA before camp. 

That is a safe bet because their roster barely has any RBs on it. If they draft a RB in the first 3 or 4 rounds, Flowers could be at risk, but, anything later than that, and that will say a lot about where he stands in the eyes of the team. He obviously wasn't ready to play in the NFL last season, but you can stash a player on a practice squad if no one else has a clue as to what he can do. Especially since they have virtually no film and he switched positions. I believe in QF and his drive. The guy has overcome so much adversity, including a mediocre coaching staff while at USF. He is going to make it to the big show. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Bengals picked up two RBs in 6th round:

Round 6 (182): RB Trayvon Williams, Texas A&M

Round 6 (211): RB Rodney Anderson, Oklahoma

Not a good sign for QF.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Not a good sign for QF.

I don't think 2 6th round picks are really going to have any impact on Q necessarily. 

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think 2 6th round picks are really going to have any impact on Q necessarily. 

If you’re taking 2 RBs, it isn’t exactly a sign of confidence in what you’ve got, either.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

We should have won a conference title with the three of them. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/23/2019 at 8:55 AM, BullyPulpit said:

Uhhh....your opinion. They gave him extremely limited touches and then put him on the practice squad. It is not unheard of for teams to take a player they see as a project (with a high ceiling) and limit their reps in the preseason to stash them away on the practice squad. We will see what his workload looks like this season. I'm going to be bold and say that he makes the 53 man roster as the 3rd string RB. They will have some gadget plays designed specifically for him as well. Remember, they called him up the last week of the season (although he was inactive) which represented a nice little $21,000 bonus for Q. I have to believe that he was called up to reward his work on the practice squad all season. 

Talent is talent and Q has a load of talent. M Lewis saw something in him this Taylor being a qb coach..never know. It wasn't like QF was a mystery in college football. You gotta pull for him and hope he gets his chance. Walton beat Q out for the draft spot then he crapped his own bed and got fired hopefully that will move Q up a spot. Taylor wont stand for bs and Quinton is that model player a coach doesn't have to worry about off the field.