• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    AAC_Championship_MensBasketball_Print_Full_24_CMYK.png
    American Athletic Conference Tournament

Next: @ UCF, Tue, 3/19, 9 pm, ESPN+

1 2 Final  
    #4 UAB 38 55 93  
    #1 Bulls 30 53 83  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN2  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Defeated ECU 91-59

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,323
  • Content Count:  96,664
  • Days Won:  467

The Marlon Mack thread made me think of that legit three headed monster from a few years back 

3headmonster.jpg

and what the heck was going on with Quinton Flowers these days.  A few excerpts and links for the cuirous:

Bengals 2019 Draft Analysis - Running Back: Day 3 the likely option

4/19/19

so his loss isn't huge, other than the fact the Bengals simply don't have many running backs on the roster.

Quinton Flowers, who is a former college quarterback and spent last season on the Bengals practice squad, is the only other running back on the roster.

Link

Report: Bengals held workout for ex-Cowboys RB Rod Smith

4/16/19

...For the Bengals, they're in the market for someone to challenge Quinton Flowers and Giovani Bernard for backup duties behind Joe Mixon going into training camp.

Link

Ranking All 32 NFL Teams’ Running Back Situations, Best to Worst

4/5/19

12. Cincinnati Bengals, $7.2 / $173 million

Joe Mixon, Giovani Bernard, Mark Walton, Quinton Flowers

In a more imaginative offense, this combination of power and a receiving option should be brought to life. Mixon almost hit five yards per carry last season, and flashed a little more of his receiving ability.

Sounds like Q has a chance but the Bengals aren't going to take a risk of a banged up Bernard and a UDFA Flowers behind Mixon...looking for another backup which would squeeze Q.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This camp Q has a chance to solidify his place on the roster but it wont be easy. The Bengals are going to definitely draft a guy to compete for that 3rd spot and are going to give that guy every chance in the world to take that spot.  Q is going to have to take that spot if he wants it.  It's going to be tough but Q has been through worse.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Either he makes the regular roster or he gets cut 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  20,862
  • Days Won:  38

I love that pic.

• Topic Count:  364
  • Content Count:  6,453
  • Days Won:  35

The Bengals believe in Flowers. They hid him during the preseason last year, making sure teams didn't have good film to poach him from the practice squad. They gave him a full year to learn the offense. I believe Flowers will emerge as a weapon and will get some PT this season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The Bengals believe in Flowers. They hid him during the preseason last year, making sure teams didn't have good film to poach him from the practice squad. They gave him a full year to learn the offense. I believe Flowers will emerge as a weapon and will get some PT this season. 

Uhhh....no....

• Topic Count:  364
  • Content Count:  6,453
  • Days Won:  35

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhhh....no....

Uhhh....your opinion. They gave him extremely limited touches and then put him on the practice squad. It is not unheard of for teams to take a player they see as a project (with a high ceiling) and limit their reps in the preseason to stash them away on the practice squad. We will see what his workload looks like this season. I'm going to be bold and say that he makes the 53 man roster as the 3rd string RB. They will have some gadget plays designed specifically for him as well. Remember, they called him up the last week of the season (although he was inactive) which represented a nice little $21,000 bonus for Q. I have to believe that he was called up to reward his work on the practice squad all season. 

25 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Uhhh....your opinion. They gave him extremely limited touches and then put him on the practice squad. It is not unheard of for teams to take a player they see as a project (with a high ceiling) and limit their reps in the preseason to stash them away on the practice squad. We will see what his workload looks like this season. I'm going to be bold and say that he makes the 53 man roster as the 3rd string RB. They will have some gadget plays designed specifically for him as well. Remember, they called him up the last week of the season (although he was inactive) which represented a nice little $21,000 bonus for Q. I have to believe that he was called up to reward his work on the practice squad all season. 

I appreciate your confidence in Q but he is still a long shot at best to make the playing roster. A lot will depend on who Cincy selects in the draft and brings in as a free agent. Assuming they were hiding him last year is unlikely since he was a free agent and the Cincy franchise is not that smart. I hope the kid makes the team but I would give him a 30% at best. The beauty of this is time will tell. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,060
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

This whole post is mostly opinion 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,745
  • Content Count:  17,329
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

This whole post is mostly opinion 

yep. very wishful thinking. The Bengals were so sure that Q was so good that they stashed him on the PS which opened him up to any team picking him up, they also had open practices for all of training camp. They must have limited his touches there for that reason. All this for a guy that will have his work cut out for him to make the roster this year. I would bet my house the Bengals pick up a RB in the draft or a vet FA before camp.