• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

If you’re taking 2 RBs, it isn’t exactly a sign of confidence in what you’ve got, either.

Or it is a sign that you need warm bodies and taking a chance on 2 in the 6th round is a low-risk, high reward potential.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Or it is a sign that you need warm bodies and taking a chance on 2 in the 6th round is a low-risk, high reward potential.

Sure...you could look at is as the Bengals used 25% of their 2019 draft on RBs, but not because they think they need RBs. That's a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, JTrue said:

Sure...you could look at is as the Bengals used 25% of their 2019 draft on RBs, but not because they think they need RBs. That's a perfectly reasonable assumption to make.

6th round picks are a total crap shoot. No team keeps a player just because they used a 6th round pick on them. We will see how it all plays out. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think Q will get his chance in the XFL. Nothing wrong with that as he can develop by actually getting PT. Get the reps and try again. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

6th round picks are a total crap shoot. No team keeps a player just because they used a 6th round pick on them. We will see how it all plays out. 

In which round did they select Q?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

22 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

In which round did they select Q?

That's pretty much irrelevant in regards to his statement. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Anyone can sign an UDFA, draft picks cost something. Cincinnati used 1/4 of theirs on RBs. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

I guess they are more inclined to keep an UDFA?  That was my point.  They liked him enough to keep him on the practice squad last year but I'm not of the opinion that that puts him above the new guys when it comes to this year.  I hope he makes it but I see it as a long shot.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

Anyone can sign an UDFA, draft picks cost something. Cincinnati used 1/4 of theirs on RBs. 

They did use 1/4 of their picks on RBs, but let's face it, not all draft picks are created equal.  IMHO, since they're 6th rounders, Q will have a chance to compete.  If they picked up a RB in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round, I'd be more concrerned.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I guess they are more inclined to keep an UDFA?  That was my point.  They liked him enough to keep him on the practice squad last year but I'm not of the opinion that that puts him above the new guys when it comes to this year.  I hope he makes it but I see it as a long shot.

I think the UDFA vs draft pick is more relevant when talking about the same incoming year. I do agree that him on the practice squad last year doesn't put him ahead of the new guys ..... especially considering it's a new staff ... but I also don't think the 6th rd draft picks put them ahead of Q just because they get a signing bonus. What does hurt Q is who they drafted. Anderson's upside as a rb looks to be a lot higher than Q's and if he's not 100%, they may be willing to keep him around at Flowers' expense, not because of financial reasons but because of the high reward potential.