• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best current QB for CKB's offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, G8RLegist said:

It will be interesting to see how much Battles/McCloud/Evans can pick up this year. If they don't have the skill set CKB needs, he's going to have to be very active in the recruiting of both incoming freshmen and grad transfers.

Looking back at Battles highlight tapes, he looks like he can at least make 1/3 field reads. I looked at McCloud's highlights as well as some of the regular game film I had access to in order to refresh my memory about his playing style.  Reading does not appear to be his strong suit. He decided where he was going to throw the ball before the ball was snapped (for better or worse). But maybe that was what was asked of him.  Evans looks more like a slot receiver than a qb in his highlight tapes. Very similar to Karious Toney for the Gators.  Toney played QB in high school but is much more effective as a slot guy than a qb in college.

I know USF has offered Carson Beck from Jacksonville (Bama commit) and Tucker Gleason from Plant (uncommitted but with offers from UGA, Vandy, UNC, etc).  The Vandy/UNC offers are important because he is extremely bright and education is very high on his list. Do we know who else they might be looking at?

Depends, is "they" USF or Beck and Gleason?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Depends, is "they" USF or Beck and Gleason?

Sorry.  I meant they as USF coaches.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Who knows maybe Kyle Trina wins the job.  Stranger things have happened like a 5th string walk on QB being named starter and leading his team to a conference title.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I wish we would have just went with one of the young guys this season and rode it out to start a new era.  Would have loved to see another 3-4 year starter. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I wish we would have just went with one of the young guys this season and rode it out to start a new era.  Would have loved to see another 3-4 year starter. 

I don’t think any of the young guys were ready. And playing them too soon could ruin them forever. Plus, it almost definitely  would have meant a losing season. You might be better off, long term, that they didn’t play. Now they can learn the new system without developing bad habits from playing in the old system. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

I don’t think any of the young guys were ready. And playing them too soon could ruin them forever. Plus, it almost definitely  would have meant a losing season. You might be better off, long term, that they didn’t play. Now they can learn the new system without developing bad habits from playing in the old system. 

None of them were ready. 

What we needed to do was not waste Q's senior season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

26 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

None of them were ready. 

What we needed to do was not waste Q's senior season. 

Yup, and we did that twice 😫

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/22/2019 at 12:12 PM, Capital H said:

I hope its Blake, so we get another 12 opportunities for the coverage to show his dime piece GF.

Did you know she is a model AND a pro surfer???

Did she transfer from Bama too?