• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best current QB for CKB's offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

I know you haven't seen Battles or McCloud in live action yet, but what are your thoughts on Barnett/Battles/McCloud's ability to make the multiple reads CKB's offense requires?  All of the articles I have read talk about how it is a fairly simple offense that can be learned in a week, but they also state that the QB must be bright and able to process the info quickly. I also read CKB's quote that he doesn't need a QB that can throw the ball through a wall, just make the right read and be accurate.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I just don’t see either of those guys beating out Blake. This will be his team next year. Hopefully the other two can get some playing time. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483

My pick would be Barnett since he's more experienced and we've actually seen him play.  Probably get a better idea after the Spring Game.   

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

My pick would be Barnett since he's more experienced and we've actually seen him play.  Probably get a better idea after the Spring Game.   

BB certainly makes more sense at this point because he is a known commodity.  From what I've read here, Gilbert's offense was a one read (no read?) offense. I'll admit I didn't watch many USF games last year.  How did BB look?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think who will be the QB is even a question next season. I think BB is clearly the choice. The following season is when it will be interesting. It will be another 3 way battle between Battles, McCloud, and Jahquez Evans (the dual threat QB that just signed last month). 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

I would be surprised if it's not BB starting next year; might not be the most athletic of the bunch but probably the best arm of the bunch. Hoping we get to see a glimpse of Octavious Battle this year though!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BB

I watched McCloud play his senior year at Plant, so I am somewhat familiar with his ability. He has great touch, but not the strongest arm. He prefers to use his mobility to move around and buy time to throw, versus taking off down field. I don't recall offhand how good he was at making reads though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213
  • Days Won:  25

I think the job is BB's job to lose. He has some legs and the best arm. I think he will get hurt  at some point based off of last year. I hope BB stays healthy and builds off of last year. If the offensive line is not addressed he will be taking some hits again.  Battles and McCloud will become the starter at some point during the year is my final prediction.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Right now we only have one starter quality quarterback