• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best current QB for CKB's offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If anyone but BB starts next year, we’re in deep ****.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,457
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

... or found one helluva recruiting sleeper. Per KB:

"When I pick a quarterback, it’s not gonna be the guy that’s gonna throw it through the wall or throw it 80 yards or is gonna have this special play two or three times in a game.

“I’d like to have that...but I want that guy that’s consistent every play, is gonna make decisions and is gonna have those intangibles I look for. And this kid has that.”

Hopefully BB does the trick for him because I think experience is invaluable, but you never know if one of the others is going to connect better with Bell and his offense.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

... or found one helluva recruiting sleeper. Per KB:

"When I pick a quarterback, it’s not gonna be the guy that’s gonna throw it through the wall or throw it 80 yards or is gonna have this special play two or three times in a game.

“I’d like to have that...but I want that guy that’s consistent every play, is gonna make decisions and is gonna have those intangibles I look for. And this kid has that.”

Hopefully BB does the trick for him because I think experience is invaluable, but you never know if one of the others is going to connect better with Bell and his offense.

Intangibles are overrated. Give me tangibles all day long.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,512
  • Days Won:  28

I didnt jump on the BB train right away and even made a post ripping him. But after a year evaluation he is our best QB on the team. I just dont see a different outcome of him starting unless the other QBs magically perform that much better during spring and fall practice. Im good with 20-50 yds a game rushing for my QB. BB can get that if needed. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

BB is the best option unless one of those 2 kids behind him are the second coming.  Nobody knows anything about the 2 on campus since we have't seem them in game situations yet.  The spring game will be our first real look at the young guys and what we potentially have in them.  As it stands now it's BB by default pending some kind of unforeseen lightning in a bottle/miracle situation.     

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,964
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Well, except I thought the criticism of BB during the season pointed to him NOT going through reads and in fact, staring down the first option much of the time.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

It’s not even close. Battle and Mccloud are nowhere near ready. You all though Kean and Oloduken were bad, they were head and shoulders better than the freshman. 

They both need to mature physically and mentally. Let’s hope Barnett can make it through the first few games injury free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, 7overlord said:

It’s not even close. Battle and Mccloud are nowhere near ready. You all though Kean and Oloduken were bad, they were head and shoulders better than the freshman. 

They both need to mature physically and mentally. Let’s hope Barnett can make it through the first few games injury free.

Makes sense since both were considered kids who would need a few years once they got on campus. Hopefully a new offense and better coaching from Bell will help jumpstart their development 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Bell did have good success his first year at Valdosta State with a true sophomore. With Barnett and the two rs freshmen he should be in pretty good shape. Hopefully it clicks with Barnett and at least one of the younger guys for depth. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

This year BB ...if this year under CKB offense goes as we hope I predict a grad transfer starts the following year