• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well there will be “a little” pressure on CCS next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Such a low bar.  

I agree, but considering the 2019 schedule, and our last six games, it may take a little luck to even do that. Maybe we will look for excuses to keep Charlie around one more year to avoid the $2mil buyout, and reaching a bowl game would be it...

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

if we aren't top 4 every year in this conference then he should have a ton of pressure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

if we aren't top 4 every year in this conference then he should have a ton of pressure.

I agree with this

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/1/2/18145842/way-too-early-2019-aac-power-rankings-ucf-knights-memphis-tigers-cincinnati-bearcats-houston-cougars

8. USF Bulls

T Getting Blake Barnett back helps, but he wasn’t consistent enough to make defenses fear the Bulls passing attack. 

Barnett basically won the QB job in two weeks.  I think having him back with the opportunity to have a spring under his belt with an actual OC, he's going to have a big year.  He's shown flashes... I got my money on that guy.  I think next year he's going to have a big season.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Barnett basically won the QB job in two weeks.  I think having him back with the opportunity to have a spring under his belt with an actual OC, he's going to have a big year.  He's shown flashes... I got my money on that guy.  I think next year he's going to have a big season.

I agree with this. I have no doubt BB can shine if he's in the right situation. The OL is the concern for me though. Hopefully, a lack of continuity was the problem this past season, and not a lack of talent for that unit. If the OL performs in a similar manner in 2019, I can see Bell's Offense, if he's in fact the guy, being a dud, and Battle or McCloud will see the field out of necessity at some point if BB isn't getting sufficient protection.

24 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree with this. I have no doubt BB can shine if he's in the right situation. The OL is the concern for me though. Hopefully, a lack of continuity was the problem this past season, and not a lack of talent for that unit. If the OL performs in a similar manner in 2019, I can see Bell's Offense, if he's in fact the guy, being a dud, and Battle or McCloud will see the field out of necessity at some point if BB isn't getting sufficient protection.

Hopefully the new OL coach is better than the last one. I suspect he will be.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

I agree with this

The manta for this conference should be if you are not first;then you are last.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Calibull said:

As long as the calls aren't mostly dives............

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I long for the days, and there were many of them, when we had a dual threat quarterback.  It is just an admission that we don't/can't recruit O linemen strong enough to give a pocket passer a chance.  I don't care how good he is.  If we can't give him time to go through his progression, he will be ineffective.  We need to settle on one quarterback philosophy.  I would opt for a true dual threat.  I understand that at least one of our recruits is a dual threat quarterback.  Good.

I think Barnett is a good quarterback.  But our line cannot give him enough time to show what he has got.  So, therefore, our defense does more duty than would be otherwise necessary.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

We will not win the conference for the next several years.