• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marshall’s Defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He is a gamble, just like Scott Frost was a gamble. But one thing he has compared to somebody we hire outside of the organization is FAMILIARITY of the players. There is no learning curve. He knows what all of the offensive players we currently can do. 

I would argue that familiarity and preconceived notions based on mismanagement would be of detriment to the hire, if my job was on the line I would go outside of the organization in this instance. If my offense had been humming for years and there wasn’t loud rumbling calling for my head I would consider moving up someone from the organization  but if I were CCS making this hire there is no chance I pull a stunt like that. 

To be clear continuity when things are viewed as good = good; continuity when things are viewed as bad= bad.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I say let the Towel Girl call them If nothing else, it can be viewed as being progressive. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

To be clear continuity when things are viewed as good = good; continuity when things are viewed as bad= bad.

familiarity  -  Close acquaintance with or knowledge of something. (you are FAMILIAR with something)

Continuity -  The unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time (Continue to do the same thing)

I just feel King's already knows the strengths and weakness of the offensive players. Unlike a new coach he does not have to familiarize himself with the strength and weakness of each offensive player and incoming recruits. There is no catch up he needs to do in terms of getting to know the players and building relationships. Not sure what "Continuity" has to do with anything. He is a different person then Gilbert and has seen the hate Gilbert received. so Why would he CONTINUE 2 do the same thing? 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Strong is not a fan of quick decisions I see lol 

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

familiarity  -  Close acquaintance with or knowledge of something. (you are FAMILIAR with something)

Continuity -  The unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time (Continue to do the same thing)

I just feel King's already knows the strengths and weakness of the offensive players. Unlike a new coach he does not have to familiarize himself with the strength and weakness of each offensive player and incoming recruits. There is no catch up he needs to do in terms of getting to know the players and building relationships. Not sure what "Continuity" has to do with anything. He is a different person then Gilbert and has seen the hate Gilbert received. so Why would he CONTINUE 2 do the same thing? 

A) coaching tends to be a philosophy so there is a chance Kings is different than Gilbert’s and there is a chance that it’s the same but I would hope his philosophy isn’t simply dictated by his observations of Gilbert’s offense.

b) this hire has more to do with the perception to the fans. Gilbert was fired he moved onto a head coaching gig and if we promote from with in we send the message that we liked the direction things were going and are staying the course. Most of our fans think we are heading the wrong direction so I don’t think that the message I would want to send as it comes across as tone deaf.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Strong is not a fan of quick decisions I see lol 

They'll meet on Friday and decide to take a knee going into the weekend!

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

They'll meet on Friday and decide to take a knee going into the weekend!

:roflmao: