• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why has nothing happened yet??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

7 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

If Gilbert had a good year I am sure he would have left anyways. You can just tell the guy does not want to be here. 

Can't really blame him for all the **** he's caught while he's been here ..... some warranted, some not.

Final straw for me would have been having the team screamed at coming off the home field .......after going to 7-0. I realize it was a minute portion of the fan base but I have a hard time imagining that scenario happening at any other football program in the country ........ maybe I'm naive.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Can't really blame him for all the **** he's caught while he's been here ..... some warranted, some not.

Final straw for me would have been having the team screamed at coming off the home field .......after going to 7-0. I realize it was a minute portion of the fan base but I have a hard time imagining that scenario happening at any other football program in the country ........ maybe I'm naive.

I think he has earned some of this. The offense was not stellar last year. It had similar problems but the players were able to make up for Gilbert’s deficiencies. Two games last year that don’t get talked about was Temple and Cincinnati. The offense struggled mightily and we kicked lots of field goals. So this slide actually started last year. 7-0 was lucky and the call bounced our way. I don’t know about you but so teach my kids you don’t just do enough to get by but you shoot high and give your best. Taking satisfaction in mediocre with marginal point victories will be eventually burn you and this case our football team.  This guy has exuded arrogance in just about all of his interviews from the time he got here. Count me as just disgusted with him. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who cares what Collin has to say about football? He wasn’t even a valued football contributor to this board. Birkenstocks, communist kickball, kale maybe those are things he maybe able to shed some light on.

Lol. He seems to be the only one fueling the fire train from a media perspective. Knight could care less, and Newberg is in Tallyland. We seem to be lacking in coverage lately. Although if anything happen McMuffin will probably break the story

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well being a leader comes with that, so I am sure he is used to it already.    Everyone criticizes the ones that have to make the decisions unfortunately (it's WAY easier).  I think the ones I admire the most are the ones that can kinda politically manage the insane stuff and be able to address some real problems. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Re: OP...it’s because nothing is happening. Or likely will happen.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

If nothing happens we can look forward to a 4 or 5 win season and boring football 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think he has earned some of this. The offense was not stellar last year. It had similar problems but the players were able to make up for Gilbert’s deficiencies. Two games last year that don’t get talked about was Temple and Cincinnati. The offense struggled mightily and we kicked lots of field goals. So this slide actually started last year. 7-0 was lucky and the call bounced our way. I don’t know about you but so teach my kids you don’t just do enough to get by but you shoot high and give your best. Taking satisfaction in mediocre with marginal point victories will be eventually burn you and this case our football team.  This guy has exuded arrogance in just about all of his interviews from the time he got here. Count me as just disgusted with him. 

I'm definitely not totally exonerating him, this year especially, but you bringing up those two games is a great example of him being nit picked to death. We won those two games by a combined score of 76-10 .............. talking about a slide starting last year is kind of ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm definitely not totally exonerating him, this year especially, but you bringing up those two games is a great example of him being nit picked to death. We won those two games by a combined score of 76-10 .............. talking about a slide starting last year is kind of ridiculous.

Those games are examples of the offense sputtering and were it for the defense we would have been in trouble. It’s overlooked because of the final score but the offense was terrible.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm sure he caught a ton at Texas too.

An FSU fan posted a photoshopped pic of Taggart being lynched. I think Gilbert has it pretty easy here with regards to the fan base.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,384
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm sure he caught a ton at Texas too.

An FSU fan posted a photoshopped pic of Taggart being lynched. I think Gilbert has it pretty easy here with regards to the fan base.

That was downright despicable and degrading. 

• Upvote 1