• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sooo next season...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I realize he coached at Texas and went down hill from there.  I was alluding to the fact that his wins have mainly been because of talented players and not his coaching ability.  Add a few injuries and the wheels fall off.

Same can be said for Alabama lol Most coaches kind of win when they have talent. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

I believe if Kelly forces Strong to make an offensive philosophy change, we can win 8-9 games next year. What scares me is that Strong has now been a head coach for 9 seasons and in 6 of them he has won between 5-7 games. In the other 3 he has won  over 10 games. The difference between the two outcomes, Bridgewater and Flowers were the QBs for the 3 over 10 win seasons.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, 84Bull said:

I believe if Kelly forces Strong to make an offensive philosophy change, we can win 8-9 games next year. What scares me is that Strong has now been a head coach for 9 seasons and in 6 of them he has won between 5-7 games. In the other 3 he has won  over 10 games. The difference between the two outcomes, Bridgewater and Flowers were the QBs for the 3 over 10 win seasons.

i understand you point, but there's only one program/coach in the nation that doesn't need a really good QB to win 10 games. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Next season on TheBullsPen...

A.  We beat Wisconsin to go 1-0 and we will have 22 threads theorizing about USF national championship scenarios with the assumption that we will be undefeated.  Plus the required thread about where we should be ranked and another about the playoffs being unfair and rigged for the pee-5.

Or B:  we lose to Wisconsin to go 0-1 and have 22 threads about how we suck and will go 0-12 and we have to fire everyone associated with football at USF.

that pretty much sums it up for next season.  I’ve seen it before   I want my money back!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

This board and it's reactions has actually been way more entertaining than the actual football. 

Looking forward to the board reaction to:

• The bowl announcement
  • Early signing day
  • Whenever we make these "changes"

Should be fun. :yeahbaby:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

that pretty much sums it up for next season.  I’ve seen it before   I want my money back!

maybe you should invest in a boat. for me, it's all about the tailgate.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Wooden Bull said:

maybe you should invest in a boat. for me, it's all about the tailgate.

Yes, my friend.  It's all about the tailgate.  And we have had some good ones over the years.  One thing good about bad seasons is that it takes a bit of the stress out of the parking situation on gameday.  I'm sure I'll renew the tickets, but you gotta let me whine a little bit and throw the boat "threats" out there.  Last Friday was not ok with me.  Losing to Orlando should not be an option.  I will complain about the product I am buying, but I won't give up on my team or my University when they need me.

Who knows, maybe someday I can be one of those high rollers who has a boat AND season tickets.  Now that would be something.

Go Bulls!

Edited by MaltLiquorBull
grammar/spelling

Next Season we shall go undefeated, win the AAC champion ship game, beat a bitter SEC team in the NY6 bowl and then set us up for a title run in 2020 with Octavious Battle leading the way. Shaun King shall reinvent USF offense and BJM shall make our defense stout again. 

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

23 hours ago, 84Bull said:

He needs a Bridgewater or a Flowers to be successful.   I am starting to think that is why he won that seasons.  If that is the case, those QB's do not come along that often especially for our program.

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

He needs a Bridgewater or a Flowers to be successful.   I am starting to think that is why he won that seasons.  If that is the case, those QB's do not come along that often especially for our program.

Yup, I also credit Steve Spurrier's success to Danny Wuerful 😁