• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why do so many bulls fans oppose UCF stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The fact that you're now comparing them to the biggest and the best is the problem.  Sure they might have only had half the crowd of a Ped State game, but that's still better than the super majority of schools out there.  

They are doing the exact same thing, it begs for comparison and that comparison isn’t favorable.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Ok.

Remember that time I went to a UCF board and tried to show how great our atmosphere was because of our hand sign? Ya me neither. You do a poor mans PSU and I’m not impressed, sorry.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Because it is a POS that will cost more money than it saves.  Look at Houston for a model that we should follow.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Because it is a POS that will cost more money than it saves.  Look at Houston for a model that we should follow.

I too like the way Houston's new stadium looks.  Structurally it might be the same as UCF materialwise but it kjust looks like a stadium rather than a bowl with brick walls.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

I love this forum.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

I too like the way Houston's new stadium looks.  Structurally it might be the same as UCF materialwise but it kjust looks like a stadium rather than a bowl with brick walls.

I have been to both, and they are structurally night and day. UCF is bleachers in a bowl with chain link fence for a barrier to get onto the field. It's literally the least that could have been done to be called a stadium. Highschools in Texas have better stadiums. It flexes like crazy (the bounce house), and last year they sued their contractors because the **** thing was corroding.

Houston is concrete and steel. Solid.

Edited by BayIslandBull

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

What uniform scheme/color should USF use once they play in the OCS???

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615

I'm sure when you guys build one it will be done 'the right way' and 'just like those Texas schools with Boosters in the Oil Market'...in 2035

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, HPbull said:

I don’t get it, I would rather have their stadium on our campus and upgrade it periodically until it’s at its desired amenitie and capacity level.

I want to take my kids on campus before the game and walk to the bookstore, the new Publix, show them the old bunker where I took my classes etc.

We will sit on our hinds idly until next round of realignment and if it does occur and we get left out we will have ourselves to blame. I am tired of Ray Jay, it’s feels like a cavernous corporate ******** where we have no home field advantages, I am tired of that big pirate ship that screams Buccaneers, it just doesn’t feel like a college environment. 

I wish our AD was as proactive as UCF’s, I am tired of this close to the vest, wait and see, move at a cement turtle pace when it comes to sports facilities.

I agree. lets just get our own stadium period. Whatever is in our budget lets go for it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

I am honestly jealous of it. I wish we had a stadium even if it was a bounce house. I would pay double season ticket prices to fund it.