• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

If you don’t see what’s going on tonight in Orlando you are blind.

Ray Jay will NEVER, EVER sound like this. 

Acknoledge it, accept it, do something about it.

Step up USF!!! 

I wasn't at the UCF game to hear an actual comparison, but I'm assuming the noise level was greater for the WVU, and maybe the Kansas games. A better argument would have been that Ray Jay will never sound like that in our current situation (AAC).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

15 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I wasn't at the UCF game to hear an actual comparison, but I'm assuming the noise level was greater for the WVU, and maybe the Kansas games. A better argument would have been that Ray Jay will never sound like that in our current situation... losing most games in the  (AAC).

And... playing in an OCS won’t change that.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

If we keep playing the way we have the last 4 weeks, really the whole season for that matter, we can play at the Soccer Field on campus and not even half fill it up!

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

And... playing in an OCS won’t change that.

Obviously, winning would help change it to some degree, but I think the OP was pointing out that the atmosphere at UCF home games....UFC who's also in the AAC btw.....can't possibly be matched at Ray Jay in this day and age. He's probably right if that's what he meant...

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Sigh...obvious trolls are obvious and this thread is making their hearts grow 3 times as big.  Let me just say this in case anyone else steps in....

1) This is obviously bait to trigger people who don't like that UCF is having a good season.

2) Their good season has no impact on where USF plays their games, the state of their fans, or the up/down flow of USF's football success.

UCF can have their good season, fill up their stadium, print more """national championship""" gear, etc and that reflects nothing on USF.  Please don't get offended and take the bait.

What follows is for the trolls who get an endorphin rush when they get a notification that a reply occurred in this thread:

Everyone knows that UCF is not respected nationally, the rankings are an objective fact. 

Everyone knows they didn't win a national championship, as the playoffs were designed precisely to eliminate multiple teams claiming one; and the fact that they were not in the playoffs is an objective fact.  UCF's fans are simply terrified that their success is fleeting and will go unrecognized.  They still remember 0-12, they still remember being outside a BCS conference and having a terrible record against ranked teams.  They're desperate for national recognition now while they are having success that isn't in just lowly c-usa.

And finally everyone knows that stadium is not structurally sound, even the fans.  Their term "bounce house" is an attempt to normalize an otherwise glaring problem with their stadium.  Instead of facing the truth that people don't want cheap construction that results in visible shakiness, they came up with a lie by pretending to "like it".  Now that's part of "their stadiums charm" or "uniqueness".  No it's not, you just don't want to face buyers remorse every home game.  And yes, the cheap construction is an objective fact: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010-story.html

No one should envy that stadium.  Sure envy the pre game atmosphere on campus if you want, but that is separate from the stadium.  The shoddy stadium was a means to on campus atmosphere, but the stadium took so many shortcuts it's a miracle no one was ever seriously injured. 

That is all.  And don't worry I won't bother responding to trolls again in here.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Obviously, winning would help change it to some degree, but I think the OP was pointing out that the atmosphere at UCF home games....UFC who's also in the AAC btw.....can't possibly be matched at Ray Jay in this day and age. He's probably right if that's what he meant...

Ya think winning 23 games in a row (the longest winning streak currently in college football) might have more to do with it than the location of the stadium?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Sigh...obvious trolls are obvious and this thread is making their hearts grow 3 times as big.  Let me just say this in case anyone else steps in....

1) This is obviously bait to trigger people who don't like that UCF is having a good season.

2) Their good season has no impact on where USF plays their games, the state of their fans, or the up/down flow of USF's football success.

UCF can have their good season, fill up their stadium, print more """national championship""" gear, etc and that reflects nothing on USF.  Please don't get offended and take the bait.

What follows is for the trolls who get an endorphin rush when they get a notification that a reply occurred in this thread:

Everyone knows that UCF is not respected nationally, the rankings are an objective fact. 

Everyone knows they didn't win a national championship, as the playoffs were designed precisely to eliminate multiple teams claiming one; and the fact that they were not in the playoffs is an objective fact.  UCF's fans are simply terrified that their success is fleeting and will go unrecognized.  They still remember 0-12, they still remember being outside a BCS conference and having a terrible record against ranked teams.  They're desperate for national recognition now while they are having success that isn't in just lowly c-usa.

And finally everyone knows that stadium is not structurally sound, even the fans.  Their term "bounce house" is an attempt to normalize an otherwise glaring problem with their stadium.  Instead of facing the truth that people don't want cheap construction that results in visible shakiness, they came up with a lie by pretending to "like it".  Now that's part of "their stadiums charm" or "uniqueness".  No it's not, you just don't want to face buyers remorse every home game.  And yes, the cheap construction is an objective fact: https://www.orlandosentinel.com/classified/realestate/os-ucf-stadium-rust-20171010-story.html

No one should envy that stadium.  Sure envy the pre game atmosphere on campus if you want, but that is separate from the stadium.  The shoddy stadium was a means to on campus atmosphere, but the stadium took so many shortcuts it's a miracle no one was ever seriously injured. 

That is all.  And don't worry I won't bother responding to trolls again in here.

Great post.

UCF stadium is not one to envy. I'd love a campus atmosphere for the game, but not if it we'd have to trade Ray Jay for a stadium of UCF quality. It's hard to watch games at home because their camera shakes, and dealing with the bouncing really tests people's nerves and they had to reinforce it once already. Also it opened without water fountains. I'm sure the designers were hamstrung by the low budget, but honestly the quality is embarrassingly low. Worst in college football. FAU has a nicer stadium. $70M with a 30,000 capacity, nice and professional look and school colors. I'd take that over UCFs extruded aluminum disaster. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Ya think winning 23 games in a row (the longest winning streak currently in college football) might have more to do with it than the location of the stadium?

No doubt that winning is a huge factor in attendance, but  having a stadium on-campus rather than 15 miles away has to help. Maybe not having a gigantic sea of red seats every week does something to improve the atmosphere/experience. Not saying we should start building one now, because money-wise, I have no idea if it makes sense or not, but in response to the OP, yes, UCF has a better atmosphere at their home games it appears, and the OCS probably has something to do with it. But again, to answer your question, no doubt the 23 game winning streak is the biggest factor in that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Great post.

UCF stadium is not one to envy. I'd love a campus atmosphere for the game, but not if it we'd have to trade Ray Jay for a stadium of UCF quality. It's hard to watch games at home because their camera shakes, and dealing with the bouncing really tests people's nerves and they had to reinforce it once already. Also it opened without water fountains. I'm sure the designers were hamstrung by the low budget, but honestly the quality is embarrassingly low. Worst in college football. FAU has a nicer stadium. $70M with a 30,000 capacity, nice and professional look and school colors. I'd take that over UCFs extruded aluminum disaster. 

Good for you. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I love the Bulls and I love USF.  If you think playing at ray-jay is helping, you are in denial.  If we have to play in this poop conference (in which we have yet to have sniffed a championship) then we might as well at least have a college football atmosphere.