• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our QB is not a good QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

He looked so on the money after our first two games. Really thought we had our answer to Milton for the next two years. 

I did too. I would have never guessed in a million years he would have regressed this badly. Indeed, at the start of the year I thought we would have some hiccups then we would get better as the season went on and players got better experience (especially on the offensive line). But instead the opposite happend. For me this has been the biggest fail of the coaching staff this year: lack of player development. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I did too. I would have never guessed in a million years he would have regressed this badly. Indeed, at the start of the year I thought we would have some hiccups then we would get better as the season went on and players got better experience (especially on the offensive line). But instead the opposite happend. For me this has been the biggest fail of the coaching staff this year: lack of player development. 

Exactly. We remain a sloppy, undisciplined team. It’s 100% on coaching. We look exactly like we did in the San Jose opener and we are two seasons later. We made a bad coaching hire. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,049
  • Days Won:  469

I again have to offer my non-football subject matter expert disclaimer, but I think it took a while for some, especially me, to see how slow his delivery is.  Especially on simple screens.  And within a certain range, WRs can run under the pass, but precision is lacking.  Maybe that was disguised early by competition or play calling (run, run, run, including the QB).  Either way, I think BB is a "good" QB, certainly not a fully manifested 7 on 7 god-like being out there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Exactly. We remain a sloppy, undisciplined team. It’s 100% on coaching. We look exactly like we did in the San Jose opener and we are two seasons later. We made a bad coaching hire. 

Yea we do look the same for the most part ...sloppy, undisciplined and  uninspired team...2 years later that is on Strong. 

With Tags we started games pretty fast on offense and would jump out on teams quick that is long gone from this team.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

I think Barnett's talent is being lost in this offense. I am amazing by the number of times they had him keep the ball on the read option. He should only run when plays break down or on unique play calls.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

I believe the quarterback is better than adequate. The problem is the offensive coordinator does nothing to help him. The play calling is terrible & consistently puts him in bad situations. Again no draws,screens or checdowns. The play action fake is terrible (bad coaching). No throws over the middle no rub routes.5 to 7 yard curls on every 2nd & 3rd and long doesn’t cut it. When they started playing teams with equal or almost equal talent the big plays stopped and they could not sustain any drives.

coaching never adjusted as evidenced by a decrease in the team performance as the year progressed. Clear sign of a bad coaching job 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I would like the record to show my thread was merged and this was not my original title. 

I think Barnett is a good QB. I don't think he has an NFL future. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

There is a lot more than QB play with this team Barnett is not one of them. 

Offensive scheme and  playcalling. 

Defense is terrible. Especially, on 3rd and long or when anything matters. 

Every aspect of special teams. We can’t kick off past the 15. We suck on returns. We suck on coverage. We suck on punt coverage. How many kicks have we had blocked?

These problems have persisted since San Jose State. 

I don’t see things changing next year unless major changes with this staff. Maybe strong stays, but the whole thing needs to be blown up. We aren’t getting just by a maturing group of players. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Wait, I thought he was the best QB in USF history and we'd be lucky if he stayed a second year?

• Haha 1