• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB - Team of the Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2018-11-13/womens-basketball-south-florida-earns-team-week-honors

South Florida made a statement in the first week of the season as a team that could be in the national title contender discussion with convincing wins over conference powerhouses Ohio State and Albany.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2018-11-13/womens-basketball-south-florida-earns-team-week-honors

South Florida made a statement in the first week of the season as a team that could be in the national title contender discussion with convincing wins over conference powerhouses Ohio State and Albany.

I'm a pretty big fan, but NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER? Let's slow the roll here. If we beat UCONN once this season, then maybe we can have this discussion. I just want to see us come back from the US Virgin Islands undefeated. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Did we ball this week? Yes

Are we title contenders?  Hell to the nah (unless we somehow beat that GIANT up north). 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm a pretty big fan, but NATIONAL TITLE CONTENDER? Let's slow the roll here. If we beat UCONN once this season, then maybe we can have this discussion. I just want to see us come back from the US Virgin Islands undefeated. 

You know everything nowadays is 0 to 100. There can be no wait and see. They want to anoint someone right away

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

You know everything nowadays is 0 to 100. There can be no wait and see. They want to anoint someone right away

Don't get me wrong, I love the positive press, but this type of overreaction/hyperbole only leads to letdown. This team has a great shot at losing 0 to 3 non-UCONN games this season. That would put them in the 30-3 to 27-6 range. Maybe we could finally get a top-4 seed? 

42 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the positive press, but this type of overreaction/hyperbole only leads to letdown. This team has a great shot at losing 0 to 3 non-UCONN games this season. That would put them in the 30-3 to 27-6 range. Maybe we could finally get a top-4 seed? 

Positive press is always good. Top seed could be within reach we just need to handle business. UConn is ridiculous, but we need to beat them. Hopefully we do when it counts

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

National title contenders is a bit of a stretch. We need to beat uconn before we become title contenders. This team is more a sweet sixteen team with an outside chance at the final 4 depending on our path. If we can avoid UConn’s bracket, we have a chance to get to the final 4 but this year we need to at least get to the sweet 16. We also need to get a top 4 seed as that would give us home court for round 1 and 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Positive press is always good.

Good for what?   How do writers affect the outcome of a game, a season?

Conference Powerhouses, Ohio State and Albany! 💩💩

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

Just now, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Good for what?   How do writers affect the out come of a game, a season?

For recruiting. It’s the long game that you need the press for. They won’t help anything else.

21 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Good for what?   How do writers affect the outcome of a game, a season?

Conference Powerhouses, Ohio State and Albany! 💩💩

Why in the world would anyone of even minimal intelligence try to imply that the OP was stating it would effect on-court performance? 

Even though they are in a rebuilding year, Ohio State is the defending Big Ten Champion and a #3 seed last season (a season in which USF blew them out by 19) and Albany was a decent mid-major (RPI in the 80's, 24-7 record) last season. They definitely aren't top 25 teams, but we beat them both soundly.