• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB - Team of the Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

ACL and meniscus.  Both torn.

Will she medical redshirt or move forward in life? Most female players at this point won't as there's no career upside for them in sports (unlike a football player or men's basketball player). Laksa though was a draft pick in the WNBA draft prior to the injury. I guess we'll see... chase money or stick it out with your teammates for one more go around?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

Jose has more depth on this team than ever before. Laksa will surely be missed, but I think we have the talent to play with anybody.

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Did you happen to see the play where the Houston QB went down?  That knee could've just as easily gone out in the first minute. She wasn't hit, she landed wrong. It happens.

Yes, it can happen walking across the street. However when you're up by 37 in a game at the third quarter media timeout (5:00 minute mark in women's hoops) against a team with no business being on the same court as your team, you need to get your starters on the bench. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Jose has more depth on this team than ever before. Laksa will surely be missed, but I think we have the talent to play with anybody.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jose. It's just an unfortunate outcome that maybe didn't have to play out as such. Let's hope she's willing to come back to USF next year vice jumping towards the draft.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

9 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Yes, it can happen walking across the street. However when you're up by 37 in a game at the third quarter media timeout (5:00 minute mark in women's hoops) against a team with no business being on the same court as your team, you need to get your starters on the bench. 

And build up that depth by playing others. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Coming out with your starters in the 3rd is good coaching. The score doesn't matter. New season, new players, building chemistry... They need playing time together for the real challenges and they won't get that sitting on the bench.

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Coming out with your starters in the 3rd is good coaching. The score doesn't matter. New season, new players, building chemistry... They need playing time together for the real challenges and they won't get that sitting on the bench.

I agree... pretty much always start you starters coming out of the half. When a game is out of hand at media timeout in the 3rd quarter, that's when I'm giving my next five and beyond some serious run time. That's just me though.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I'd have to agree with The Sheriff on this one.  I was waiting to find out exactly when the injury occurred, but up by 38 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter is probably a pretty good time to at least pull Laksa and Ferreira. We know what we have with those two.  However, if Jose felt that they needed to be on the court to build up stamina or for the team to further gel, well, he is the coach and I would defer to his judgment. This isn't a situation where you blame Jose for a freak injury, but you can sit back and say, "****, I wish she hadn't been in the game at that point." 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

51 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Jose. It's just an unfortunate outcome that maybe didn't have to play out as such. Let's hope she's willing to come back to USF next year vice jumping towards the draft.

The money’s not in the WNBA...it’s playing in Europe, which odds are where she’s like to wind up next year.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

34 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I agree... pretty much always start you starters coming out of the half. When a game is out of hand at media timeout in the 3rd quarter, that's when I'm giving my next five and beyond some serious run time. That's just me though.

Yep, and probably why you aren’t on the floor coaching instead of Jose!😉

Jose’s the man!