• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who does this fall on?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well, either CCS is deliberately trying to suck OR those guys aren't currently good enough to play for one of the worst defenses in college football.

or they are suspended similar to what he did while at Texas.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Why does Charlie hate medicine?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Why does Charlie hate medicine?

he decimated texas by kicking off 9 players including some pretty good starters for not following his core values. none were arrested. none were accused of any crimes. I think the rumor was they failed drug tests so he suspended and then kicked them off. his core value #3. It is up to the school's discretion when a player tests positive for marijuana (when's the last time you heard of a school suspending a player for this reason?). NCAA doesn't do anything about it.

we are going back to the old days with choir boys. unfortunately choir boys aren't known to be good football players.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,566
  • Days Won:  25

Those are questions I would like to know as well.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he decimated texas by kicking off 9 players including some pretty good starters for not following his core values. none were arrested. none were accused of any crimes. I think the rumor was they failed drug tests so he suspended and then kicked them off. his core value #3. It is up to the school's discretion when a player tests positive for marijuana (when's the last time you heard of a school suspending a player for this reason?). NCAA doesn't do anything about it.

we are going back to the old days with choir boys. unfortunately choir boys aren't known to be good football players.

Just out of Curiosity, would you rather have a guy like Kendal Briles here, meaning a guy who would bring an exciting brand of football, but seems to be the opposite of Strong when it comes to player discipline off the field?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

when's the last time you heard of a school suspending a player for this reason?

Right now

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Just out of Curiosity, would you rather have a guy like Kendal Briles here, meaning a guy who would bring an exciting brand of football, but seems to be the opposite of Strong when it comes to player discipline off the field?

I’m not sure the decision has to be completely binary but if it does I think I would prefer to recruit straight of prison instead of field a perennial loser. We could give out outstanding citizen choir boy scholarships to balance out Briles’ boys if it made everyone feel better but it’s called an athletic scholarship for a reason and that reason is the greater focus on athletics than any other factor. College football is a business and just like the NFL you should be trying to get the best athletes the public will tolerate you employing in order to win.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think you can find a good coach without all this baggage. I think you can have an exciting brand of football without having rapists and felons on the team and coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not sure the decision has to be completely binary but if it does I think I would prefer to recruit straight of prison instead of field a perennial loser. We could give out outstanding citizen choir boy scholarships to balance out Briles’ boys if it made everyone feel better but it’s called an athletic scholarship for a reason and that reason is the greater focus on athletics than any other factor. College football is a business and just like the NFL you should be trying to get the best athletes the public will tolerate you employing in order to win.

I agree it doesn't have to be binary, and Briles is an extreme example. If it's true that most schools don't suspend players for marijuana use, but Charlie does, then we could be putting ourselves at a disadvantage. I can see somebody being in favor of letting a marijuana offense go unpunished if it helps the team. Briles on the other hand is too much to overlook IMO, but if you disagree, you're obviously not alone. He's been hired at FAU and Houston since, and has done quite well. Briles getting these gigs makes me wonder exactly where the line is though....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

The coaching staff is responsible to prepare this team week to week and if you have a good coaching there will be improvement as the year goes along regardless of cercumstances. This team has not gotten better they have digressed on both sides of the ball.

Offensively the poor play calling and game planning has reminded a huge problem. Defensively they play with poor technique and continue to tackle poorly. It’s amazing they have not been coached up to stop the QB run. 

When teams continue to make the same mistakes over and over that’s on COACHING!!! 

• Upvote 2