• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

He threw off balance and too hard at times

EXCEPT HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN. If coaching was going to fix it, it would have by now. He has a million drops because he throws the ball in a manner that makes it nearly impossible to catch. Compare the way he throws a football with how, say, a Manning or McNabb throws a football. They throw it much more smoothly and accurately. Julmiste throws it like it's a hot potato.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

LOL and just what exactly are YOU talking about?? I'm not being biased...not one bit!   ;) Well maybe a little...but hey, it was my buddy's first reception ever! Making him a card right now....My boy Beef #74 also did an awesome job at guard!

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Let's hope he's consistant.  He look like a star against TCU last year also.

That's been PJ's problem all along.  His two TD passes to Peyton were beautiful, but at other times he's throwing the ball too hard or at people's feet.  He struggles with touch and accuracy.  He threw the ball behind the receiver on that interception.

The Peyton TD passes tell me PJ has the ability, but he needs to be more consistent if we are going to be successful this year.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Sorry! Game balls only when we win. One thing however, Pat has a little more composure than last year. Still a little rabbit footed, but he hung in the pocket a couple of times and looked good. FAMU game will be a good tune up game.   Reaper

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

PJ looked good.  He is our starter for the next two years.  I was disappointed the alleged speed of Denson.  When throwing, he had little velocity on ball.  Sorry, but 5"11 is small for a QB.  He planted one pass in the numbers of a PSU DL.  Not even sure if the guy had to jump.  Probably need to start working Carlton Hill with some reps in practice.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

He struggles with touch and accuracy.  He threw the ball behind the receiver on that interception.

Granted that ball was thrown slightly behind the reciever but this is BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL, not pop warner.  The Reciever turned around and got his hands on the ball, but then let it go through his hands.  If you want to play at this level as a WR, if you get your hands on the ball you have to make the catch, regardless of wheather or not the ball is on target or not.  If you get your hands on the damned ball you catch it!

I have been one of many on this board who has been very critical of PJ in the past, but that was the fault of the reciever.  You have to give credit where credit is due, and PJ deserves it today.  Not only was he much more accurate than he has ever been, his decision making was greatly improved.  Several times he was able to use his feet to roll out of the pocket when he felt the pressure, but he still had the presence of mind to look for a reciever downfield to turn a sure sack and loss of yards into a positive gain.  Something which he would have never have done in the past.  And on the one occassion when there was no open reciever downfield when he rolled out, he tucked the ball in and ran for then first down and the sideline, another very intelligent play.  I was also impressed with the way he stepped up into the pocket and checked his recievers down field with confidence, he looked pretty good in the pocket.  

He made a lot of very good decisions, he really looks to have matured as a football player.  My problem with him last season was that even when he looked good, it almost seemed like he was getting lucky...throwing a bomb downfield and hoping Peyton comes up with it.  But this season he looked like a legitimate QB, making his own success, not relying on luck.  

Obviously there was room for improvement, but he looked very good.  You have to put it into perspective, this was one of the best defenses in the country guys.  Maybe someone should look up just how many teams over the past 2 seasons have scored 14 points on that Penn State D, I gurantee it is a short list, and now we are on it.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Look, my initial post said PJ looked much improved.

He does deserve to be the starter.

And for those paying attention, he had a 58.3 completion percentage even WITH the drops.  That's not bad at all.  Wasn't PJ's play that beat us today...

That defense was just athletic.  We gave them too many presents.  14 points of turnovers (though we got 7 ourselves).  In case anyone didn't notice, we only lost by 10.  PJ starting could well have made this a different game.

Based on today I'd say we have the athletic capacity to get to 6-5.  We just need avoid giving up points on turnovers like we did.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23

Bad decision on Coach L's part for even starting Denson

in such a venue. Bet he would admit it.

Start PJ and quite possibly the score would have been diff. Both teams played sloppy. Liked the calls which did result in 2 TD's. PSU was prepared for Andre.

Overall good test for the BULLS. Time to recoup and prepare for FAMU.

GO BULLS !

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I must admit, PJ looked pretty good.  He completed 60% of his passes and the ones he missed he should have completed.  A few drives stalled when he missed wide open receivers.  And for those who think Peyton was in the Dog House, Not anymore.  Peyton made plays on the field today.  And our D looked impressive.  I figure they only gave up 10-14 points at the most.  PSU has some questions on offense, more than USF.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

PJ had nothing to lose.  He came in off the bench when USF was down.  That alone can settle anyone down.  PJ has all the tools and he has an incredible arm, almost to strong.  He has the size, his only problems that I have seen is his complete lack of touch and his decision making.  Yesterday, he seemed to solve the decision issue.  

Denson is not a college QB, sorry, I have said that from day one.  Sure he looks good in practice and in high school, where he probably had the best offensive line around him.  There is a reaon why he could not break the top 5 QB's at Auburn.  

There are two real QB's at USF right now, Julmiste and Grothe.