• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm.  Maybe we should be yelling at the coaching staff for putting denson in over PJ?

I'm shocked that some of you are still saying the guy sucks.  We went in against a very good defense, and he went 2 td 1 int (that in reality belonged to a WR).

Was he great?  No.  Was he good? Not quite.  But he was improved.  His completion percentage isn't fair to him, he had a lot of drops.  Some he made tougher on the wideouts than he should have, the other half were the receivers' faults.

He also took less sacks, no fumbles, and made a play by running it in a 3rd down situation.

This quarterback looks much better than last year, and based on what I saw should be our starter this year.

We are just as talented as PSU.  A couple blown calls (pass interference, and the mythical PSU onside kick recovery) and a bad early turnover for a touchdown made this game a little too hard.

Both teams played kinda sloppy though.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

He's awful.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Just to say I was right, I said that Julmiste would be in for Denson and I said you guys would be screaming for him.  PJ played very good today, the Denson experiment is dead.  The kid will be playing CB next week as he should be, right Bien.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

in all defence for Denson at penn st is a pretty hard place to get your first college start

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

He's awful.

Care to justify that?  Hands down he was the best QB to step on the field in happy valley today...although I realize that isn't saying much.

His reads and throws weren't that bad for the most part.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

PJ played very good today, the Denson experiment is dead.  

Incorrect.

Denson didnt get a fair shake. How many times did we run the ball when Denson was in there? He's never started a game before, and we go spread offense for his ENTIRE stint of game action.

Julmiste had PLENTY of time to throw because of the o-line's ability to open holes for Hall. Despite the time to throw and the open WRs, Julmiste STILL couldnt get the ball down field, STILL didnt hit ANYone int he numbers, and STILL didnt hit anyone in stride so they could run after the catch. How many WRs were standing still when the ball finally got TO them?

Julmiste is awful.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Look, as a UCF fan I would love to see Denson in at QB.  Julmiste is the best QB on the USF team right now.  If you don't see that, you not looking.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Julmiste played fine today. Actually today might have been his best game of his career at USF. Come on guys..Denson will play again this year and next week. I think if we could have completed a couple passes in the first quarter we would have been ok. There are some positives to take from this game (actually from the 2nd quarter on).

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

He looked good.  He threw off balance and too hard at times, but those things should be corrected if he had good coaching.  Even the announcers mentioned this.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

did you see Denson throw the ball??? theres a reason he didnt complete passes