• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

EXCEPT HE HAS BEEN DOING THIS SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN. If coaching was going to fix it, it would have by now. He has a million drops because he throws the ball in a manner that makes it nearly impossible to catch. Compare the way he throws a football with how, say, a Manning or McNabb throws a football. They throw it much more smoothly and accurately. Julmiste throws it like it's a hot potato.

Isn't Rod Smith the QB coach also?

Maybe we need a different QB coach.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest josh newberg

I tried to tell you all that Denson is talented but he's just not the savior many of you were hoping.  I thought he would play a little better than he did but nothing changed from the way he practiced to the way he played.  He was hesitant in practice and he was hesitant in the game.  He is fast but not gamebreaking fast.  Robinson for PSU is fast, Denson needs to think pass first not run.

PJ was actually VERY good once he settled down.  Id like to see his stats after the first two or three series.  You could tell he was nervous when he threw two passes at the WR feet.  But once he calmed down he ran the offense how it should be run.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

" I tried to tell you all that Denson is talented but he's just not the savior many of you were hoping."

CasablancaRenaultRick-thumb.jpg

What? I'm shocked...shocked I tell you... to see this sort of heresy bandied about on this board!

Are you nuts? Haven't you been following the  opinions here over the past summer months? Why, Denson will not only cure all of our QB ills, he could very well be the single driving force that not only gives the Bulls a winning season, but could very well put us in our first BCS bowl single-handedly. ::)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

pj played ok

this guy is not winning a game on last drive

dension appear too short to play qb

still not hitting open receivers

Guest S.  Bien
Bien, you commented on the defense.  I am curious how you are  going to explain Denson.

Denson, what about Denson?  I didn't think he got time to get it going so i don't think you can determine squat on it.  I think it was the right decision to stick with PJ because his presence immediately calmed the team down.  The OL didn't block as well for Denson, and the receivers didn't help either.  Denson didn't have as much time to prove it, and he's better than you think STK, however the team responds to PJ better, and it was clear at PSU.  The moment PSU entered the game the team seemed to calm down, and play tougher.  Therefore it was smart to stick with PJ, but Denson will have his opportunity to prove his abilities.

I know Denson real well Josh, and he's faster than Robinson any day of the week.  Josh Newberger, I'd love to watch Denson beat Robinson in a foot race- to bad that's can't happen, but it's a joke you would say such a thing.  Anyone that watched Denson in HS knows about his super speed.  Come on, Denson's passing isn't as crisp, but to suggest his speed is average is ignorant.  Ask any Miami Area player that played against him in HS, ask Auburn....you're way off base on that comment.  **** man, St. Louis, our OLB ran a 11.0 100m in HS, he ran down Robinson.

By the way Josh, I think PSU learned really, really quick about the difference between FL speed, and Northeastern speed.  Jenkins playing DB ran down the supposed PSU speed merchant Justin King, coming from the opposite field.  Jenkins is a very, very fast player, but wasn't even a state finalist in the 100m his senior year.  King was supposedly PA's fastest player, and Jenkins ran him down and said "Oh no you don't" about King getting his first collegiate TD.  He also blanketed Williams.

We've got a ton of speed on this team.  I would venture to guess more than PSU, but it needs to also play football.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Denson, what about Denson?  I didn't think he got time to get it going so i don't think you can determine squat on it.  I think it was the right decision to stick with PJ because his presence immediately calmed the team down.  The OL didn't block as well for Denson, and the receivers didn't help either.  Denson didn't have as much time to prove it, and he's better than you think STK, however the team responds to PJ better, and it was clear at PSU.  The moment PSU entered the game the team seemed to calm down, and play tougher.  Therefore it was smart to stick with PJ, but Denson will have his opportunity to prove his abilities.  

Your problem is, you put your emotions ahead of reality.  You said it best " I know Denson real well."  Well not good enough.  The offensive line did not block any better for Julmiste, its just Pat knew how to sit in a pocket and did not panic like Denson did.  Pat knew how to find his receivers better and Pat made better thorws.  Hell Denson's best throw was in the back of an offensive lineman.  As for his speed, it will do him well at his natural CB position.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

denson seepd really helped him find a spot on the bench

denson is too short to play qb

i saw enough

with this boring uninspried offense brought to by some of the worst offensive minds this side of pop warner,usf will not win more than 3 games

disgraceful

we can't even run plays without calling time out

embarassing

the mental penalties are still there

jewelmiste was adequate but you can count on him to run a chain moving offense.his ball are alwayas high,low,too the side but i would start carlton hill to get him experiece

the future is not with pj

it is with matt or hill

what a mistake not giving matt grothe reps

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Isn't Rod Smith the QB coach also?

Maybe we need a different QB coach.

Chad Barnhardt (former QB) is graduate asst. on Offense and is the liason on the field for QB's during the game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Denson is not a college QB, sorry, I have said that from day one.  Sure he looks good in practice and in high school, where he probably had the best offensive line around him.  There is a reaon why he could not break the top 5 QB's at Auburn.

jewelmiste was adequate but you can count on him to run a chain moving offense.his ball are alwayas high,low,too the side but i would start carlton hill to get him experiece

Denson is only a sophomore and just started his first game ever in front of 100,000 fans against possibly the best defense in the Big 10.  He has been practicing our offense for about three months.  I am not ready to throw in the towel on him just yet.  

My guess is, Denson made more plays in practice and his athleticism was too enticing for Leavitt to bench him.  In hindsight, JL should have gone with Julmiste who has more experience and composure.

To me, Julmiste looked light years ahead of last year.  I feel much better about this season after yesterday.  I hope PJ gets the majority of the reps with the first team over the next two weeks and plays well against FAMU and UCF.  I would also like to see Denson come in to run plays similar to the ones Brian Fisher ran.  

his ball are always high,low,too the side but i would start carlton hill to get him experiece

JP was not incredibly accurate against PSU, but he looked much better than last year.  I believe he was throwing away at least one of his passes that went into the dirt.  There were blue shirts all over the intended receiver.  Redshirting Grothe is the right decision and I can't wait to watch his development over the next five years.  Carlton Hill did get some experience yesterday, playing the position he will probably end up at- WR.  

It does not matter who plays QB if the WRs don't catch the ball.  Peyton should be starting even if he half-asses it during practice.  

I am going to wait until after the UCF game to crucify anyone.

8)