• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

7-1 meltdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Relax... seriously 

IMG_1530.JPG

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, emrober5 said:

It's not that the team is 7-1.

It's that the team lost to the only opponent with a pulse so far, and has looked terrible in many wins against garbage teams.

We could very realistically lose to Cincy, Temple, and UCF. Although I think we take at least one.

GT had a pulse. We were in this game if our defense just gets a few stops. Luckily no other offense we face even Ucf isnt as good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

So yes it sucked to watch that game yesterday even if I already expected them to lose that game.

this team is not as experienced nor talented as last year’s teams. We are relying on many players that are new to team and have limited playing experience. Our OLine is mostly freshmen, our QB is basically first year, our rbs same boat. Our defense has almost no linebackers and the line is also young and can’t put enough pressure to help our DBs.

yes it was frustrating seeing Houston gashed our defense specially on third downs and yes we should blame the coaches for not doing more to put the kids in better situations but the facts are that this is a 7-8 win team that had pulled out some miracles to go 7-0 vs a not so good slate of opponents. Some fans got caught up in that and were already dreaming of an AAC championship and a Big Bowl bid. Truth is this team is not good enough this year to get there.

so yes as a Bulls fan I will go to the home games even though is 5 hours each way for me and I’ll support them. It will hurt when they lose but that’s part of being a fan.

if everyone returns next year this team should be better.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So yes it sucked to watch that game yesterday even if I already expected them to lose that game.

this team is not as experienced nor talented as last year’s teams. We are relying on many players that are new to team and have limited playing experience. Our OLine is mostly freshmen, our QB is basically first year, our rbs same boat. Our defense has almost no linebackers and the line is also young and can’t put enough pressure to help our DBs.

yes it was frustrating seeing Houston gashed our defense specially on third downs and yes we should blame the coaches for not doing more to put the kids in better situations but the facts are that this is a 7-8 win team that had pulled out some miracles to go 7-0 vs a not so good slate of opponents. Some fans got caught up in that and were already dreaming of an AAC championship and a Big Bowl bid. Truth is this team is not good enough this year to get there.

so yes as a Bulls fan I will go to the home games even though is 5 hours each way for me and I’ll support them. It will hurt when they lose but that’s part of being a fan.

if everyone returns next year this team should be better.

Palabra

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Some fans got caught up in that and were already dreaming of an AAC championship and a Big Bowl bid. Truth is this team is not good enough this year to get there.

Not arguing that USF is anything other than what your post described. Speaking for myself, I was not suddenly caught up in the 7-0 because of the 7-0 alone. This program has developed a winning culture over the past few years, so expecting wins is completely reasonable. The 7-0 definitely helped fuel that winning culture. Frankly, 7-1 doesn't hurt it one bit either.

I still expect this team to win all the rest of the games this year. I'm not going to cut off future failure in my mind by proclaiming we will lose. If we do lose, fine. Until then, though, nobody knows what will happen in the next games. We can guess based on everything you stated in your post, but really we'd still be guessing. 🤘

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Not arguing that USF is anything other than what your post described. Speaking for myself, I was not suddenly caught up in the 7-0 because of the 7-0 alone. This program has developed a winning culture over the past few years, so expecting wins is completely reasonable. The 7-0 definitely helped fuel that winning culture. Frankly, 7-1 doesn't hurt it one bit either.

I still expect this team to win all the rest of the games this year. I'm not going to cut off future failure in my mind by proclaiming we will lose. If we do lose, fine. Until then, though, nobody knows what will happen in the next games. We can guess based on everything you stated in your post, but really we'd still be guessing. 🤘

Which is why I will still be there cheering them on to win and hurting if they lose.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, USFBULL2014 said:

5 star transfer qb who started for Nick Saban and beat out our other 2 QB’s , 4 star transfer rb plus a stable of other great backs. Loaded at WR with st Felix , mccants, salomon, bronson, clerveaux. Wilcox at TE. We had more talent by a long shot than every team besides GA tech. We should have beaten the brakes off of Elon, Uconn, Illinois, Tulsa, ECU and UMASS. Everyone else has done it in the conference and we’re supposed to be one of the best. 

Which means absolute ZERO if we can't control the line of scrimmage.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Which means absolute ZERO if we can't control the line of scrimmage.

OL was my biggest concern coming into the season, but I've shifted to DL now. OL has shown flashes of really good blocking to set Cronk free, and keep BB from eating too much turf but they need a ton more consistency. But the DL is far from our old MO of aggressive, consistent QB pressure. The couple of times they hemmed King in yesterday, he made mistakes--we really need upgrades on our DL in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

OL was my biggest concern coming into the season, but I've shifted to DL now. OL has shown flashes of really good blocking to set Cronk free, and keep BB from eating too much turf but they need a ton more consistency. But the DL is far from our old MO of aggressive, consistent QB pressure. The couple of times they hemmed King in yesterday, he made mistakes--we really need upgrades on our DL in my opinion.

I don't have anymore votes, so 🤘🤘:iconic_u_black::04-rock:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

47 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Biggest issue with this defense is LB play.  DL is not great but we have had a pretty high # TFLs and they have showed some flashes.  LB play is just God awful and will be exploited by every team we play the rest of the year.  The tape is out there.  UConn ran for 300 yards against us.