• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

7-1 meltdown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

I also thought we were going to blow out 6of the 7 teams prior to today ..... 🤭 

I also thought we would have two maybe three loses at this point...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

3 hours ago, USFBULL2014 said:

I also thought we were going to blow out 6of the 7 teams prior to today ..... 🤭 

I don't understand that line of thinking - was this before the season started or something? Just watching the games alone should have  tipped you off that this team does not operate like that. 3 of our O line are freshmen or RS freshmen for starters. We lost a ton of talent from last years team as well. Nothing leading into this season told me "expect to blow out 6 of 7 teams". I was more along the lines of it would be nice to get to 5-2 or 4-3 before we hit the harder part of the schedule.

My perspective though is simply this-- for USF-- this was not a bad October considering our history.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I don't understand that line of thinking - was this before the season started or something? Just watching the games alone should have  tipped you off that this team does not operate like that. 3 of our O line are freshmen or RS freshmen for starters. We lost a ton of talent from last years team as well. Nothing leading into this season told me "expect to blow out 6 of 7 teams". I was more along the lines of it would be nice to get to 5-2 or 4-3 before we hit the harder part of the schedule.

My perspective though is simply this-- for USF-- this was not a bad October considering our history.

QFT

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

5 star transfer qb who started for Nick Saban and beat out our other 2 QB’s , 4 star transfer rb plus a stable of other great backs. Loaded at WR with st Felix , mccants, salomon, bronson, clerveaux. Wilcox at TE. We had more talent by a long shot than every team besides GA tech. We should have beaten the brakes off of Elon, Uconn, Illinois, Tulsa, ECU and UMASS. Everyone else has done it in the conference and we’re supposed to be one of the best. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291

You guys must like participation trophies as well. I mean it’s such an honor to squeak out victories from the powerhouses that are Elon, Illinois, Tulsa, Ecu, Uconn, and Umass. None of their rosters or previous play have suggested it should even be close. The ONLY game that we shouldn’t have ran away with was GA tech but when you have a bunch of idiots running your offense and defense you can’t do much.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We all saw it comming, I had hoped they might play up to Houston and for awhile we did.

We could be 1-7 so lets regroup and get another win next week.

yes we did

this is why i hate playing creampuffs early on as they dont prepare you for this

why is our defense so porous when we have strong as a head coach

2 hours ago, USFBULL2014 said:

5 star transfer qb who started for Nick Saban and beat out our other 2 QB’s , 4 star transfer rb plus a stable of other great backs. Loaded at WR with st Felix , mccants, salomon, bronson, clerveaux. Wilcox at TE. We had more talent by a long shot than every team besides GA tech. We should have beaten the brakes off of Elon, Uconn, Illinois, Tulsa, ECU and UMASS. Everyone else has done it in the conference and we’re supposed to be one of the best. 

but we have no D

we dont have the d to win the championship

our linebackers are mia

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77

This is a thread that’s worth adding to. I understand many frustrations, and hopefully people are just venting to begin their therapy. My first year at USF was also the first year of USF football. The only highlight ever shown on TV was the bottom banner on espn scrolling across the screen showing our score. WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY! Let’s get it all out of our system, and then show the guys the support they deserve. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

It's not that the team is 7-1.

It's that the team lost to the only opponent with a pulse so far, and has looked terrible in many wins against garbage teams.

We could very realistically lose to Cincy, Temple, and UCF. Although I think we take at least one.

• Like 1