• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Get Rid of Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Joey Tweeted that Reeves said after the game "I just flat-out feel like we just weren't ready to play, and that's on the players. We just couldn't get ourselves ready to play."

WTF does that even mean couldn't get ourselves ready to play the game?? 

They obviously didnt hydrate and eat granola

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Talk of firing Strong at this point is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.  That being said, I have started to wonder about one thing.  Is it possible the game has passed Strong by?  Is it possible that this slog along offense is not a championship type of offensive philosophy for this conference in the long run?  Sure it will keep us in the upper echelon of the conference, but the other teams that have risen to the top (including our team with Taggart's high scoring offense) by getting coaches that bring high powered offensive philosophy.  Especially with a porous defense like ours.

Another thing I have been thinking about is maybe it is not so bad to have a young coach like Taggart that is hungry to prove himself here for the next level job.    A Taggart, Frost, Fuente, Tom Hermann.  Is Strong content?  I don't know the man's mindset and his personal calm, quiet personality can work, but where is the passion, the fun?  Did you see Houston jumping around, excited having fun?  Do we do that on the sidelines?  We come out flat every game, no passion, not prepared.  How about coming out excited, prepared and fired up?  Maybe we have to stop worrying that this is a destination job and get a guy here that brings the passion and hunger to prove himself to get to the next level.  

In the meantime, I think we will be fine the next year or so, but I am not sure this coaching staff has what it takes to bring us to the next level of success. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

If this is is the criteria, our program has never been anything above mediocre.

Our team has never been anything above mediocre.  Wasn't last year the first we finished the season ranked?  if not last year it hasn't been many more than 1 or 2.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

.625=/=.432=/=.490=/=.850

In order to be as good of a coach at USF as his predecessor CCS needs to lose his next 15 games in a row. You would think we would have learned something after we chased off our only other successful coach in team history with cries of plateauing, to then be able to turn around and hire a never has been that couldn’t beat the coach he replaced.

Taggart inherited garbage from Holtz. Strong inherited a good team from Taggart, and has had a ridiculously easy schedule for the most part, and has mostly lost when playing decent teams. There's not a whole lot about Strong, so far anyway, that screams, "Wow, this guy is an amazing coach!!" I believe that if Strong was in the same position as Taggart was when he took over for Holtz, Strong may have had a similar record over those first two years, and may never had recruited Mack or Flowers, or got Adams through the transfer. The two situations were far different. Winning percentages are a bit irrelevant when deciding who was the better coach at this point. Skip was clearly the worst. Who was better between Stong and Taggart isn't quite as clear.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Taggart inherited garbage from Holtz. Strong inherited a good team from Taggart, and has had a ridiculously easy schedule for the most part, and has mostly lost when playing decent teams. There's not a whole lot about Strong, so far anyway, that screams, "Wow, this guy is in amazing coach!!" I believe that if Strong was in the same position as Taggart was when he took over for Holtz, Strong may have had a similar record over those first two years, and may never had recruited Mack or Flowers, or got Adams through the transfer. The two situations were far different. Winning percentages are a bit irrelevant when deciding who was the better coach at this point. Skip was clearly the worst. Who was better between Stong and Taggart isn't quite as clear.

I agree with some of this. He inherited a really good team from him last year, in fact, I'd dare say it was in the upper 25 of college football. xCWT, to date, has show he is able to beat teams when he has better talent. He has NEVER beaten a team on Xs and Os, probably in his career. I never watched a WKU game, but I don't remember hearing about any upsets. He was a very good recruiter, but you're dreaming if you think the only problems on this team are the coaching. Good coaches win games their supposed to, which CCS has. Great coaches win some, but not all of the games when they're even or at a disadvantage in talent. CCS hasn't done that here yet and xCWT never did.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Taggart inherited garbage from Holtz. Strong inherited a good team from Taggart, and has had a ridiculously easy schedule for the most part, and has mostly lost when playing decent teams. There's not a whole lot about Strong, so far anyway, that screams, "Wow, this guy is in amazing coach!!" I believe that if Strong was in the same position as Taggart was when he took over for Holtz, Strong may have had a similar record over those first two years, and may never had recruited Mack or Flowers, or got Adams through the transfer. The two situations were far different. Winning percentages are a bit irrelevant when deciding who was the better coach at this point. Skip was clearly the worst. Who was better between Stong and Taggart isn't quite as clear.

Taggart took a bad CSH team and made it worse, not just worse but to the lowest depths our program has ever gone. Tags then recruited better than the rest of the conference and still could not win and eventually was forced into a gimmick offense for a season and a half that showed the only small sliver of success that he has faced in his life and has yet to come close to capturing that lighting in a bottle in the two seasons since he has left as there is tape on his offense and he faces better athletes. Then for all that full pantry he left we sure do seem to be starting a lot of underclassmen and a first year transfer at QB. xCwT is not a great coach and he has spent a lifetime proving that (despite marginal success for a year and a half, the kind of success , with the same competition we now want to fire CCS over) CCS may not be the best coach ever but he is the second best we have had and odds are in favor that his replacement would be far worse.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

Taggart took a bad CSH team and made it worse, not just worse but to the lowest depths our program has ever gone. Tags then recruited better than the rest of the conference and still could not win and eventually was forced into a gimmick offense for a season and a half that showed the only small sliver of success that he has faced in his life and has yet to come close to capturing that lighting in a bottle in the two seasons since he has left as there is tape on his offense and he faces better athletes. Then for all that full pantry he left we sure do seem to be starting a lot of underclassmen and a first year transfer at QB. xCwT is not a great coach and he has spent a lifetime proving that (despite marginal success for a year and a half, the kind of success , with the same competition we now want to fire CCS over) CCS may not be the best coach ever but he is the second best we have had and odds are in favor that his replacement would be far worse.

Did you and I just 100% agree?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Did you and I just 100% agree?

I think we just became best friends

50342299-D2D1-4C2A-97CC-5ED3FAE1108F.jpeg

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

Did anyone mention why Jaymon was playing boundary corner in the first half? If that was a strategic move rather than due to injury, I believe that’s enough cause to fire someone

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I agree with some of this. He inherited a really good team from him last year, in fact, I'd dare say it was in the upper 25 of college football. xCWT, to date, has show he is able to beat teams when he has better talent. He has NEVER beaten a team on Xs and Os, probably in his career. I never watched a WKU game, but I don't remember hearing about any upsets. He was a very good recruiter, but you're dreaming if you think the only problems on this team are the coaching. Good coaches win games their supposed to, which CCS has. Great coaches win some, but not all of the games when they're even or at a disadvantage in talent. CCS hasn't done that here yet and xCWT never did.

Not since he's been here. Look through the schedule the last two years. He's beaten bad teams, and won a couple of toss-up games (GT & Texas Tech). You must be talking about Louisville vs. Florida? He was good at Louisville. The game may have evolved a bit in the years since. Not sure Charlie has.