• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I smell way too much fear on this board.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's about that time this year I give my annual Green and Gold goggles speech…but this ain’t it. I’ll save that “IF” we lose a game this year. In the words of Lennox (the Jamaican gangster) from the movie “Belly” (Many of you guys probably have never seen it) – “Don't you ever bring scared business to me. You lookin at the toughest rasclat Jamaican in the United States of America.” I’m trying to understand the great fear we have of upcoming Houston. Their defense is ranked 116th. They do have the 4th ranked offense, I’ll give them that. But besides that, but South Florida has the 14th ranked offense and 80th ranked defense. We are36 spots ahead of them on defense and they are 10 spots ahead of us on offense. I REFUSE 2 fear them or any other remaining teams! These stats don’t include this past weekend, but I don’t think much will change. There are only 2 teams that blow us out in both categories – Cinci and C. Every other team we blow out in either offense of defense. Truth be told, I think we are much better than our stats and have better athletes than all the teams we face.  That being said, if you scared go ahead and tuck your tail b/w your legs, but if you have faith in the football Gods, beat your chest and let’s get ready to close out this season undefeated!!!

USF –            Offense - #14th,    Defense #80

Houston –    Offense – #4th,      Defense #116

Tulane –       Offense -#91st,      Defense #111th

Temple –      Offence – #89th,   Defense – #65th

Cincinnati – Offense - #27th,     Defense – 4th

C. –                Offense - #3rd,       Defense- #65th

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Belly was a good movie considering it starred two rappers. One of my favorite parts is when DMX buys that car with a bag of cash...that’s how I envision buying my next car after winning the powerball.

Edited by Gobulls90
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Gobulls90 said:

Belly was a good movie considering it starred two rappers. One of my favorite parts is when DMX buys that car with a bag of cash...that’s how I envision buying my next car after winning the powerball.

I  paid $2 to be in my office lottery pool today lol

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Without that UConn offsides on the on-sides kick, we might not even be having this conversation.

Without that UConn offsides, it's unlikely that they recover.  That guy was way offsides.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,572
  • Days Won:  25

They beat us last year when we should have won. We are the underdog or underbulll in this case. I remember in the program's highest point taking out Auburn, WVU, FSU, Miami, and ND as the underdog. An underdog is a hungry dog. Hungry DOGS RUNS FASTER. So the real question is do we want it more?

Need I say more?

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Fear?

I'm scared of many things.

I'm not scared of USF losing a football game. 0 fear about that.

I just realize the way they have been playing they are unlikely to beat good teams.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

For all the knocks on the coaching staff, we have made the necessary adjustments at halftime to win these games. The problem is the first half play calling/game plan and execution. 7-7 at the half against UCONN (after being held scoreless for 29:13 by the worst defense in the country) is unacceptable. That has nothing to do with fear. It has to do with watching the games unfold before our eyes. UMASS and UCONN should have been games where we were up big early in the third quarter and we were getting our backups some in-game experience. 

I have said repeatedly that I am thrilled that this team is 7-0. We easily could have been 4-3 at this point of the season given the attrition on both sides of the ball. We have built a ton of character, grit, and resolve over the first 7 games of the season. Now, it is on the players and the coaching staff to put it all together for 60 minutes. We will have to bring our A game to at least 4 of the 5 remaining games in order to reach our ultimate goal of the AACC game. We have yet to play for 60 full minutes. We have yet to see our team's A game. It isn't fear, it is frustration and concern. 

My concern is that they did too deep a hole that they can't recover in time.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

It isn't fear, it is frustration and concern. 

Agreed. I doubt anybody is under their bed in the fetal position at the thought of the Houston Cougars. We have barely been better than teams that rank #100 or lower in the FBS. Now we have a decent opponent on the road this week. We are 7 point 'dogs for a reason...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Is Houston beatable? Sure they are. Its just going to be very difficult if we play the way we've played the last 5 games. 

Ed Oliver is one player and the only guy on his defense worth anything, yet because of him the rest of the defense can make plays sometimes. 

The Georgia tech game proves we are capable of winning games in the second half. I just would like to see that kind of focus all game long. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When I come to this board I smell BS, low intelligence, smart asses, and  prima donnas. And that’s just with my posts...😂😂😂.

Seriously, I don’t think anyone is scared. It’s more knowing what the “likely” inevitability is makes us nervous. 

• Upvote 1