• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shirt/Allegiance Exchange

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

Yeah, I'm filing this in the Blind Squirrel file ...

Its kind of hard not be formulaic when all you have to work with is CJL is G-d, I miss the Big East, the AAC sucks, I hate that we have to play UCF again, CSH sucks, CWT is average, CCS is good. That's not a whole of material to write 3000 things about yet I try my best to keep it somewhat fresh.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Its kind of hard not be formulaic when all you have to work with is CJL is G-d, I miss the Big East, the AAC sucks, I hate that we have to play UCF again, CSH sucks, CWT is average, CCS is good. That's not a whole of material to write 3000 things about yet I try my best to keep it somewhat fresh.  

You're doing okay with that limited play list ....... "okay" is subject to interpretation.

Just now, Triple B said:

You're doing okay with that limited play list ....... "okay" is subject to interpretation.

It's good enough to get a $5 million a year to coach at FSU (see I am fairly good at this) :guinness:

• Haha 1

Just now, BayIslandBull said:

I like it ( and want a new shirt)

Why do you have a UF or FSU shirt to exchange? Ran out of toilet paper one day?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, puc86 said:

Why do you have a UF or FSU shirt to exchange? Ran out of toilet paper one day?

I'm sure I have some old ones in the back of the closet. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I just emailed the head of marketing, Megan MacLeod, and Michael Kelly and suggested that we do a t-shirt/allegiance exchange and really push the idea with the local media. Wanted to see what you guys thought of the idea. There might be strength in numbers if they get multiple emails on the subject. Their email addresses are: michaelskelly@usf.edu and mmacleod1@usf.edu if anyone else wants to reach out to them. The email I sent is below:

Dear Ms. MacLeod:

On the heels of Coach Strong's appeal to the local community and media to start actively supporting our Bulls, I thought it would be an interesting and engaging idea to promote a t-shirt/allegiance exchange. Fans would be encouraged to turn in their shirts for one of the other Florida universities (FSU, UM, UF) in exchange for a special edition USF shirt. The new SoFlo designs were a big hit at Fan Fest and I think something featuring those colors and graphics would be well received. You could even consider doing a two-for-one ticket deal to the ECU, UCONN, and Tulane games on a first-come, first served basis. The old shirts could then be donated to local homeless shelters. I'm not sure if this is a viable idea, but it might be a cool promotion that would not only grab local media attention, but also could serve to help get some people into Ray Jay to support the Bulls. Thank you for your time and consideration. Go Bulls! 

This could get local media play and PR. Would love to see the news covering skid bringing in his gator shirt to exchange. 

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Your fortitude is admirable....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

My 2 cents. 

A shirt exchange is a publicity stunt and not a way to make people adopt the bulls. What you will actually get is Bulls fans who have some old dingy gators gear swap it for more Bulls gear. No harm, but not winning over the hearts of our community. SG did one last year, reasonably successful, maybe collected 150 items or so. 

One correction, never donate the items to homeless in our community, give them to the homeless in another community (like Orlando) the goal is to get that gear out of our community. 

One thing I wished for, let’s make an alliance with the Bucs, Rays and lightning. Each team can send out one offer to the other 3’s season ticket base. We don’t give up our list, we send the Bucs offer to our fans and the Bucs send our offer to their fans. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

26 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

My 2 cents. 

A shirt exchange is a publicity stunt and not a way to make people adopt the bulls. What you will actually get is Bulls fans who have some old dingy gators gear swap it for more Bulls gear. No harm, but not winning over the hearts of our community. SG did one last year, reasonably successful, maybe collected 150 items or so. 

One correction, never donate the items to homeless in our community, give them to the homeless in another community (like Orlando) the goal is to get that gear out of our community. 

One thing I wished for, let’s make an alliance with the Bucs, Rays and lightning. Each team can send out one offer to the other 3’s season ticket base. We don’t give up our list, we send the Bucs offer to our fans and the Bucs send our offer to their fans. 

Let it be a publicity stunt. We need the PUBLICITY!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Let it be a publicity stunt. We need the PUBLICITY!

I couldn’t agree more. Does it matter if you are or aren’t actually converting fans? As long as the photo opportunity and press make a story like you are and the perception is passed on to fans that it’s becoming cool to move from your Big3 heart break towards USF success all while staying local for cheaper it can’t be a bad thing. Maybe it converts some people this time, maybe it doesn’t but it does create some positive press on a narrative we should be trying to create.

• Upvote 1