• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This season already feels better than last year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

Great game! It was hot as hell , but it was a fun victory to attend!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,490
  • Days Won:  25

IT feels good , but Charlie has to tighten up the defense. We did the bend and not break defense. WE let them drive the ball all game but tighten down and forced some crucial turnovers in the end.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The difference so far for me is last year it seemed like every game early in the year we (as a fan base) were fragile. We expected to score on every play and wanted to see a big play from Flowers every snap. 

I also think the coaching staff didn’t know how to use Flowers or were afraid to let him loose. 

This year it looks like the staff is comfortable letting the players play. 

I still am a bit worried about the defense, but I think this team is actually much better than last year. Same or better talent, deeper. Maybe a little young,  we are stacked for the next couple of years  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

Agreed - There is a different vibe altogether for me. Last year we had the Willie Taggart saga. We had a vanilla offense in comparison to the previous couple of years. It wasn’t clear that CCS wanted to really be here. It felt sort of uneasy.

I am really excited, the number of underclassmen making plays is so encouraging.  It proves that CCS is as good and possibly better than Taggart. It feels like Coach Strong’s team this year.

It’s not like when Willie followed Holtz and the cupboard was empty. CCS came into a stacked program and we have freshman all over the place making plays. The present AND future are very bright!

MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW!!! KEEP COACH CHARLIE STRONG, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Agreed - There is a different vibe altogether for me. Last year we had the Willie Taggart saga. We had a vanilla offense in comparison to the previous couple of years. It wasn’t clear that CCS wanted to really be here. It felt sort of uneasy.

I am really excited, the number of underclassmen making plays is so encouraging.  It proves that CCS is as good and possibly better than Taggart. It feels like Coach Strong’s team this year.

It’s not like when Willie followed Holtz and the cupboard was empty. CCS came into a stacked program and we have freshman all over the place making plays. The present AND future are very bright!

MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW!!! KEEP COACH CHARLIE STRONG, NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES!!!

Next year USF has to come up with $3 mil and increase pay for assistants. Texas money will be all gone. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Next year USF has to come up with $3 mil and increase pay for assistants. Texas money will be all gone. 

Here's hoping...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF has to get it done!! Failure is not an option. To me this is the most critical point in USF football history. 

The Holtz years really set us back, way back. Taggart first 2 years were not much better. A lot of damage was done, nearly irreparable damage.

We absolutely need to keep Coach Strong and need the OCS (not trying to jack the thread, but this is obvious). 

GO BULLS! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🐂🐂

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

IT Depends on fans in the stands and donations.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, E.T. said:

IT Depends on fans in the stands and donations.

It depends on being in a P5 conference unless he 1) isn't really wanted by a p5 school or 2) he is content with finishing his coaching career at USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

51 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

The difference so far for me is last year it seemed like every game early in the year we (as a fan base) were fragile. We expected to score on every play and wanted to see a big play from Flowers every snap. 

I also think the coaching staff didn’t know how to use Flowers or were afraid to let him loose. 

This year it looks like the staff is comfortable letting the players play. 

I still am a bit worried about the defense, but I think this team is actually much better than last year. Same or better talent, deeper. Maybe a little young,  we are stacked for the next couple of years  

43 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Might be the best  back-to-back posts today.