• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This season already feels better than last year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Even after only 2 games, this season already has a more positive vibe when compared to last year. Our D still needs some work against the run but the overall the feel seems different in a better way. 🀘🏻🀘🏻

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

Even after only 2 games, this season already has a more positive vibe when compared to last year. Our D still needs some work against the run but the overall the feel seems different in a better way. 🀘🏻🀘🏻

Absolutely...I think they may be cause the expectations are not as high as last year...we can enjoy the ride

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I honestly don’t think that we will have as many issues with conference play, if we stay focused. Not many teams will have a d this good, or be able to put up points like GT. It was a good guy check. If we stay hungry we got this

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

I think we also need to give our defense credit. We started of with an int, kickoff for a touchdown twice, a 2min 3 and out, I mean the defense was stuck on the field the entire 1st half. Then shut out GT in the 2nd quarter. They still have growing to do, but i can still see the potential.Β 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think we also need to give our defense credit. We started of with an int, kickoff for a touchdown twice, a 2min 3 and out, I mean the defense was stuck on the field the entire 1st half. Then shut out GT in the 2nd quarter. They still have growing to do, but i can still see the potential.Β 

They allow no points in the 2nd quarter and only 3 in the fourth...that was huge. But they did almost get 700 yards...gulp

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yeah... I don't know why people think you just shut down triple option teams. Β They're going to get yards... what you do is limit possessions and win the turnover battle. Β We're not really facing another team with this run game or defense for the rest of the season. Β But they'll get better, people forget we have a bunch of new starters... sure they got a lot of time last season, but starting and staying in is something different. Β Also, we played a lot of guys on the dline. Β That will pay off huge as the season goes on.

Β 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They allow no points in the 2nd quarter and only 3 in the fourth...that was huge. But they did almost get 700 yards...gulp

They're always going to put up a bunch of yards. Β the last 100 were really junk yards because we were playing a prevent. Β 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  160

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

39 minutes ago, Brad said:

image.png

602 yards of offense, unless for some reason you are counting the kick return yardage

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Too early to say whether I feel we're stronger, but this game went a long way to give me confidence. One of the great games for us, but I wish GT the best of luck in conference (make us look even better!).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I just saw on a GT board how they always win the yards and TOP even in a loss sorry no medal in FB for having the most yards in a game its all about the final score.

I think this could be the toughest offense we face this year....UCF will be very good but atleast it is a more traditional offense.Β Β 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The biggest thing we did was take their FB away. Β We didn't go to any crazy defenses... we won doing what we do. Β That was huge taking him away.Β