• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

+35 point guess for USF versus GT question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Option-run offense has given us fits in the past, but putting Navy in our conference has helped us prepare better, and CCS is no novice in preparing the D. We're pretty young on the D-side, though, and pretty thin in some positions. I'm a little concerned we may not be able to stop it at some point, so I'm just hopeful our O clicks and we have more points at 0:00 in the 4th.

Playing Navy should help, however have many if any at all on D played Navy? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

34 minutes ago, GTFAN1 said:

Playing Navy should help, however have many if any at all on D played Navy? 

Yeah we have a few.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

1 hour ago, GTFAN1 said:

Got to remember Duke plays GT every year and knows the option offense better. They also play tougher competition (no offense to USF) y’all don’t have much control over that. Everything’s not made equal when comparing teams. 

As far as the offense y’all still have a ? At QB compared to last year, however we have a ? At DB. 

Its really hard to make comparisons to last year when so many things are different. 

The question at QB seems like a valid point for us unless you watched this new transfer kid Blake Barnett actually play/throw/command the offense. Far more accurate passing than we had with Flowers last year. Mobile and can run if needed. Looks real comfortable in the pocket and has excellent arm mechanics. I would guess most of us are anxious to see this game just to watch him play some more-- we only got a little over one half last week of watching him play so far. Seems like he will be a good one.

Then again-- FCS competition, no knock against Elon who has a pretty good team based on last years results and the returning squad. Should be very interesting all around.

I would hope visiting fans would temper the whole "as a Power 5 team, we play against tougher competition all the time so we know" sort of when it comes to our fans. We've had many years playing in the BCS/Big East to understand how this stuff works. And we all wish we could have the tougher schedule to be honest. We respect you-- just give us the same in return is all we ask.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

You know-- I would bet we have been practicing against the option all summer long and even before last weeks game. We played a straight up vanilla D last week-- nothing special-- just man up and go.

Pretty sure we are as ready as we can expect to be for the option offense.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Our defensive coordinator has like 5 years on GTs staff...he probably remembers a thing or 3 about that offense that just might help him prepare his D. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The question at QB seems like a valid point for us unless you watched this new transfer kid Blake Barnett actually play/throw/command the offense. Far more accurate passing than we had with Flowers last year. Mobile and can run if needed. Looks real comfortable in the pocket and has excellent arm mechanics. I would guess most of us are anxious to see this game just to watch him play some more-- we only got a little over one half last week of watching him play so far. Seems like he will be a good one.

Then again-- FCS competition, no knock against Elon who has a pretty good team based on last years results and the returning squad. Should be very interesting all around.

I would hope visiting fans would temper the whole "as a Power 5 team, we play against tougher competition all the time so we know" sort of when it comes to our fans. We've had many years playing in the BCS/Big East to understand how this stuff works. And we all wish we could have the tougher schedule to be honest. We respect you-- just give us the same in return is all we ask.

I get what you are saying about the QB, but like you said it was Elon. I think it’s best to give someone a few games to really know before saying how good he is. The other reason I don’t buy into him yet is the fact that if he was this amazing QB why could he never pass other QB’s at two other schools? I mean, he’s now on his 3rd team. Now, that doesn’t mean he can’t be good, and guys can definitely change in a year, but that’s why I need to see more from him and I don’t see the QB points as being valid after just 1 game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You are right. No one is scoring more than 35 points in this game. Especially not USF. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I see this as a low scoring game. maybe comes down to a FG. 24-21. I just hope the middle of our defense holds up.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Feel like if we stop the dive, we have a great chance to get a win. Can we stop the dive? Eh..

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like OPs was wrong. 

Both defenses gave up lots of yards.