• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers' First Carry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

It’s a biased system. QBs like Jackson and Mike White are getting a way better shot in the nfl than Flowers. I’m not saying he should be a QB but he’s a much better athlete than 6th string running back and deserves a lot more than that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

It’s a biased system. QBs like Jackson and Mike White are getting a way better shot in the nfl than Flowers. I’m not saying he should be a QB but he’s a much better athlete than 6th string running back and deserves a lot more than that. 

True, but keep in mind that there are a lot of Quinton Flowers (and better) already in the NFL. It is a tough tough job to get. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True, but keep in mind that there are a lot of Quinton Flowers (and better) already in the NFL. It is a tough tough job to get. 

Good point. But I have to wonder if all 5 of the players ahead of him are that caliber. 

10 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Good point. But I have to wonder if all 5 of the players ahead of him are that caliber. 

Who knows...but Cincy has never been know as a franchise that makes great decisions. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I was really hoping that he would be in there on punt or kickoff returns or coverage. That is how you add value to a team and find a roster spot. The other thought that I have is that Cincy really likes what they see in him, but know that he needs a little more time to get the position down. They don't want to give him a ton of reps where another team will snag him so that they can try and get him placed on the practice squad. 

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

I will forever have a sour taste in my mouth over the way Cincy handled Q.  Every QB behind Dalton (and Dalton) sucks.  To not even get a look at QB isn't doing the draft pick justice.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

29 minutes ago, PingBull said:

I will forever have a sour taste in my mouth over the way Cincy handled Q.  Every QB behind Dalton (and Dalton) sucks.  To not even get a look at QB isn't doing the draft pick justice.

Man, he wasn't even drafted and there's a reason for that

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Man, he wasn't even drafted and there's a reason for that

This. We all love Q and that is understandable. But outside our USF world he just another dude trying like hell to make a league that is packed with other great players. Whatever this kid does or does not do in the NFL he is going to be alright. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

It's funny, as a dolphin fan, I watched osweiller get live 4 balls batted at the line last night. He's like 6'7". Tall QBs have never had to look for throwing lanes, short guys are used to seeing a lane. I don't care if Q looks the part, I guarantee that if he were given an opportunity he can win at any level of the game. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

He needs time. Remember when he first took over USF's QB position?

Don't doubt that man!